• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component Instances not matching Main Component

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a website design and trying to link all of the pages in a sitemap-style footer. I have the footer saved as a Main Component outside of the artboards and have that component inserted as Instances to the bottom of every page. However, on the artboards it's showing some of the page names as having underlines (see below screenshot comparison, Fleet and Executve SUVs have underlines in the instance on top, but below the main component below does not show these pages as having underlines). Previously, I had these links set up with a hover effect that would underline them but I've since deleted those effects as I didn't think it was needed for the design protoype, so I'm wondering if that affected it somehow, but then it was on several links, not just these two. I was also having issues with the protoype links in the footer component not showing up when I would insert it into the artboards. Only half of the links were working. Not sure if I'm explaining this clearly, but if someone could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong that would be awesome. 

System: macOS Catalina 10.15.6

XD Version: 32.1.22.3, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.51.3

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 1.19.52 PM.png

TOPICS
Design , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Hi there. There might be a few potential issues. Components are quite fragile in their current implementation, and it's easy to mess things up, and bugs start popping up all over the place 🙂

The things you are describing are probably due to copying instances with states from various artboards, and editing the master could have further messed things up.

To make sure a component instance is in line with its Master, you can right-click on the instance and select Reset to Main State, which woul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. There might be a few potential issues. Components are quite fragile in their current implementation, and it's easy to mess things up, and bugs start popping up all over the place 🙂

The things you are describing are probably due to copying instances with states from various artboards, and editing the master could have further messed things up.

To make sure a component instance is in line with its Master, you can right-click on the instance and select Reset to Main State, which would reset it to the master component and remove overrides.

About the connections, those also depend on how you do the copy/paste. Let's say the links in that footer are linking to 20 pages. If you copy an instance into one of them, the link to that specific page will be removed, as a page cannot link to itself. If you then copy the instance from that page (instead of from the separate master component), and paste it to another, that link will stay deleted.

So, to clear things up, maybe delete all the instances, link up all the pages to that footer, and make sure you only copy the master, and paste instances into the pages respectively. Something you can do to speed it up - you can copy the master, then select all the artboards where you need to paste, and it will paste into all of them simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That actually did help solve the issue. I'm noticing that now about the bugs, especially the more complex a component is... I'm still new to XD so your comment helped me learn a few things haha. Thanks again!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines