• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component State ignores element rotation?

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has needed this feature since forever. Glad it's finally here.

One feature that seems to be missing is to take element rotation into effect when switching states. I can't seem to make a button that simply rotates on hover. When I perform the rotation, it uses that rotation in all states. Is that by design or a bug?

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

If you rotate the element inside the component in the hover state it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you rotate the element inside the component in the hover state it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Son of a gun! Pilot error on my part. Thanks Kenneth!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify this? I select the Hover State in Components. Rotate the element. But both states turn around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hover over the component it will rotate:

Default state

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 12.15.19.png

Hover state

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 12.15.34.png

NB. I am not rotating the component, but I am rotating what's inside the component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth.

However, unfortunately, changing the 3D transform of the component is not possible. I mean a different 3D rotation for the default state and another for the hover state of the component. Currently, only one setting can be specified for both states. In the case of elements inside the component, the rotation transform for the Y and Z axes is completely missing. See my pictures. That's a great pity... 😞

component_default.pngcomponent_hover.pngcomponent_hover_detail.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right, it looks like you cannot apply 3D transformation to a component's content.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/current-limitations-with-3d-transforms-in-adobe-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines