Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component States resizing question.

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to have the controls in my component states inherit their width from the default state?

OR

Is it possible to tell my controls in a component to take 100% width of the component itself?

I have built a Tab component that I built that I need this for.  The same would apply to any other component that needs to be resized based on it's label - for example, a button.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug123abc,

Thank you for contacting us,Yes you can change the width of the component states[ say state2, state3] apart from default state.You can add states to the component, according to the new changes you can apply to the states, but the same will be reflecting to the the instance of the main component.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Ashwini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ashwini,

Thank you, I am aware that controls in the different states can be sized independently.

What I am looking for though is to have them a) take 100% of the component width or b) resize based on the default state.

Imagine a component for a Tab.  The tab will have different text in it.  Example:  "Home", "About" or "Contact" and I would simply like to resize the component in it's default state to suit the amount of text.  Currently, I am having to enter each state to resize, which is very time consuming & takes away from the advantages of having a single Tab component.

Can you share any further thoughts?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines