• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component with default, hover and toggle state + overlay interaction.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to tap a compenent, open an overlay. compenent shows toggle state. Tap compenent again to close overlay end with compenent state as default. 

As of now I can open/close overlay but compenent state wont change when I tap again.

Can this be done? If so, what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks! 

-Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Hi @tomokeefe69, as you can use one trigger for one action, toggling the component and triggering overlay doesn't sound possible with a single tap trigger. However, I managed to do it by pasting the overlay content to component's toggle state (after selecting toggle state from the right sidebar and getting into the "inner" level of it by double clicking the button, and then pasting the overlay content to it. (I also suggest making an invisible, full width & full height rectangle at the very bott

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @tomokeefe69, as you can use one trigger for one action, toggling the component and triggering overlay doesn't sound possible with a single tap trigger. However, I managed to do it by pasting the overlay content to component's toggle state (after selecting toggle state from the right sidebar and getting into the "inner" level of it by double clicking the button, and then pasting the overlay content to it. (I also suggest making an invisible, full width & full height rectangle at the very bottom layer of the overlay content to make it closable like a real overlay on tap) You can see the prototype here: https://xd.adobe.com/view/fe26aed7-3e62-424f-ab38-528d9c16edcd-ab75/ and the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbgfft55i0eeomq/toggle-overlay.xd?dl=0 
Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines