• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components are getting out of order in Adobe XD.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest (Nov 5th 19) release of Xd has automatically re-ordered my full components list (which was manually grouped into types for ease of use) of about 200 components.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to re-create the component just because of the scale it's being used at (>200 instances) within the project - it's less work just to re-order them each time than to replace them throughout the screens. 

The re-ordering is only triggered when I update my library, whereas last time this was happening it was ocurring randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL on going.

Mac v 10.14.6

Xd v28.2.12.3

Video attached. When I move the icon components, the order of other ones changes. It's like I turn my back and they all re-arrange themselves.

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for sharing the video, I will share the feedback with the product team and will update this discussion.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is there any update on this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the current version of XD available as 28.3. Could you please update XD and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was still doing it yesterday, but I updated part way through the day so I can't remember if it was before or after. 

Hasn't re-occured today so it might have helped...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that the problem doesn't happen again. Please let us know if you need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has deeply painful useability issues for managing components and screens. 

For an enterprise level piece of software, it is nearly un-useable when you are actually trying to create enterprise-size prototypes, because of the time spent scrolling through component libraries and screens. Please, you REALLY need the following: 

- search bar for components and screens. 

- folders or accordions that you can sort your components and screens into 

- PERSISTENT COMPONENT ORDERING. Every release you say its fixed I waste time manually ordering my components, and then its lost within the same day. Soooooooo. very. frustrating.

- alphabetical sorting on screen names

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariab,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble managing with XD.

For the 1st query, we have seen a request has raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32869204-working-s...

For 2nd one, there is a request has raised for orangizing the asset panel object here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-create-an...

For the 3rd one, we have seen the issue has been fixed in the previous releases of XD. If you're still facing the issue, is it possible for you to share a short video along with the OS and XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to investigate on the components going out of order in asset panel in XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 
Same problem on my side.

I used some kind of sort order in the components list (yesterday).

Opened the file today - order lost.

See examples below...

best regards, Gernot

PS:

XD: 28.1.12.3, Creative-Cloud-Sync: 4.3.30.42

Windows: 10 Home, 64bit, 1909 (build 18363.720), Intel I7-7700K

File save to cloud, not local 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. We have the current version of XD (28.3). Could you please update and let us know if the issue still persists?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Component re-ordering is still a bug. 

Please can there be a fix prioritised for this!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issue with components reordering in XD. Could you please share the screenshot of your about XD info page along with a short video so that I can log a new bug for your issue? What is the size of the file? Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message? Which operating system you are working on?

Note: Please share the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika - this is an issue still, how can I send you a video of what's happening?

I'm using a design system file with all my main components. This is brought into another working file using the 'add assets' function to share the components/styles/colours. When I add a new component in the design system file, the order of my components in the working file resets upon update. 

Can I email this video to you? I can't upload here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is STILL an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry for the frustration and thanks for sharing the video. I have checked with the team regarding this issue and got to know that they are reworking on this ordering issue and you will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Harshika,

That's good to know, hopefully it won't be long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Is there any update on this? 

I see that Xd has moved to a Cloud Library system, it' STILL important that I'm able to find my components quickly. But once again, Adobe has re-ordered (randomly) every single component in my document.

This is ridiculous! How am I suppose to work with enterprise scale projects when I can't even group my icons in a list? This needs a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NJ-A,

I understand your frustration. I checked the status of the bug and it looks like it was fixed with XD 34 version. I would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue so that I can update the team about it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me together with not being able to rearrange components in the list. I can pick them up but dropping them sends them back to where they were. I'm absolutely tired of this. It's beyond a joke, every single day (I'm not exaggerating by any means!) I encounter a bug if I'm lucky, loads if I'm not. It's absolutely shameful. It feels like XD was built as a project by primary school kids. It is not professional by any standard. I don't care about fixing bugs any more. I'd like to know why it is so shamefully bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprise! I just found another one. I can't change component names. Maybe I should contact support and after being told to reinstall Xd, reinstall CC and wasting the whole morning I can come back here and list yet another unresolved bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I can feel your frustration and understand how annoying it could be for you. For the component re-ordering issue, the team mentioned that it should be fixed with XD 34 or greater version. If you're still experiencing the issue with XD 35.3 version. I will definitely highlight it to the team.

If you are trying to change the name of the component. I would request you to please check if you are in Grid View and then try to change the name.

Let us know if that helps. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines