• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components are getting out of order in Adobe XD.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest (Nov 5th 19) release of Xd has automatically re-ordered my full components list (which was manually grouped into types for ease of use) of about 200 components.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community and developers,

Firstly, i would like to tell you that i'm French, so i will do my best to be understandable 😉

I don't really understand if the developper team watch the forum but i try to see 😛

I'm currently trying to create a CheatSheet in XD (as Material design or Bootstrap have their own) just to try to improve my skills, maybe in the future to try to adapt it is a complete CSS/JS Framework or i don't know ... 

Because i'm really psychorigid, i'm trying to rename each component I create and organize them to a logical order. But, by doing that i have one problem :

I didn't found exactly which way make me that happend but, sometime, the components in the component list reset the sorting i just made (the more often when I restart AdobeXD). And because i would like to have a really clean workspace, i'm very annoyed of that ... I already remade the order 3 or 4 times, but now that I have many components, i don't want to do it again ...

(Little tip: it seems that the order in which AdobeXD remake my list is the creation time order)

Is that a bug or it is just that I don't know how to proceed ?

BTW : Now i'm here, i should be really AWESOME if adobeXD's team could implement a directory system for components !

Thank you by advance if you read my message i really love this software and I would like to do more with this 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe XD community!

Thank you for using Adobe XD out and sharing your feedback. If i heard you right, you are talking about the components in the asset panel that are going out of order. If yes, we have a similar discussion going on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/components-are-getting-out-of-order-in-adobe-xd/m-p/10793541 and the team is aware of the issue and is working on it to fix it. You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a recurring bug/issue with XD. My Colors, Character Styles, & Components are constantly reordered when I reopen my files. Is this a known issue, or is there a solution?

Thank you,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron, 

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. It would be really helpful if you can share a few more details like-

• What is the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?
  • Could you please share a short video of the workflow so that we can understand better?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe XD software is up to date: XD (24.4.22)

Some More Information:

I have two files: (1) a design system, and (2) a linked file that uses that design system. 

Today, to track the bug, I carefully ordered my components within (1) design system. I deleted a component, then I pressed CTRL+Z to undo that delete. When I did so, the components were suddenly out of order.

For me, this does not happen with Character Styles or Colors - only Components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9DA479F27BDAD5131EF1A4371C15EBFD.jpg

This is my component template. The sorting is orderly

946064EBE160D357302035517DB0DC01.jpg

But I import the component into the project. It's unordered.

It bothers me. I have obsessive-compulsive disorder.

How to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

This issue makes your platform unusable. This is unacceptable for an enterprise-level platform that we are paying for. I don't understand why Adobe hasn't made this a top priority, because it severely undermines our ability to use your platform.

Thank you for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

We understand your concern and apologize for the frustration. The team is actively working on the similar and filed a bug. You will see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is driving me crazy. I have similar colors in my assets and am never sure which one to select since they're never in the same place twice! When is the fix coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to insert myself in this thread. Im having the same problems, and it only happens when the components panel is not in view. I have been trying for several day to isolate the exact moment it happens. But no clear pattern emerges. I can re-sort the compnents and even save the document, open it again and everything looks ok. Keep working for a while, and all of a suden everything is chaos again.

Keep trying to re-order one component and at a time, closing, opening, everuthing looks ok. And then after a while, bam! Chaos!
Change some components, ok, change some more, ok, close components panel, ok, change som more, ok. "Turn my back, CHAOS again!" Its like waiting for milk to boil.

Please fix this!

And please ad folders to components...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We have an XD update. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version (26.0)? Let us know if the problem is been resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I reorder my components into a logcal order, when it saves and I reloads it puts the components back into the order they were created in, it does not put them back in the order I wanted.

I can't find any posts about this, surely I am not the only person with this issue or perhaps its something simple causing it and I am missing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some issues of this subject too. The file I'm using is from Cloud and collaborative editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have a bug logged for this issue. Let me check and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's related, I'd say. We can reorder components, but sometimes it doesn't keep the order we set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue. We have seen this issue in previous version of XD. Could you please update to the latest version of XD (26.0)? Let us know if that issue gets resolved.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved for me with version 26.0.

Keep up the great work!

/J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation. We really appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue is NOT fixed. Running v. 26.0. Everytime I paste screens from one prototype to the other, which share the same component libary, the components reorder again. EXTREMEMLY FRUSTRATING. Please, for the love of all that is good, fix this. I just spent an 2 hours re-ordering my master component library so that is useable (because you said it was fixed), which has 150+ components, and lost all of this within minutes of finishing. **literally minutes**

This software is nearly un-useable for an enterprise. The time spent trying to find and manage your components and screens far outweights the switch costs to another type of software. To make this useable you need: 

Folders or accordions for components

Persistent ordering of components

Search bar for components if you really can't make the other items happen

Search bar for screens!!!

Ability to sort screens alphabetically!!

Absolutely ridiculous that a User must arbitrarily scroll through components and screens to find what they are looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the sorting is broken again, but i havent noticed it. I hope not. I dont have 150 components, but enough to need to sort them to find them easily. 

And i agree on all your feedback and feature sugestions.

BUT you do have a component search that i do use reguraly.

Assets searchAssets search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is NOT FIXED.

Please can it be added to the backlog - it's making working with design systems REALLY difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL A BUG

Can Adobe please implement a fix?! Or at least folders for components.

As mentioned by others, working on large scale projects with 100s of componets in linked libraries it's impossible to keep track of a document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding my components are being re-ordered again when I update them from a linked library. 

It appears to only apply to one component, weirdly?

I thought this bug was fixed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's strange to know that you're experiencing reordering of assets in the panel as it was fixed in the previous version of XD. If it's happening with a specific component, would you mind recreating the component and then try again?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines