• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Componont states interactions is not inherited from the default state

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a component with multiple states, like a mobile menu for navigation, the interactions from the default states are not inherited to the new states. you have to manually define all interactions again, for all states. This must be considered a bug and be addressed.

The workaround now is to add another component inside the component that just holds the navigation. But this only solves interactions between artboards, not interactions between component states.

Screenshot at Mar 23 11-11-50.pngScreenshot at Mar 23 10-51-55.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jensklang,

Thank you for contacting us,  and sory for the trouble, For component states interaction you have to give it manually,only for hover states it works without any manual interaction.

Regards,

Ashwini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ashwini,

You are stating how it works today. I already know how it works today.

How it works today is not working for us using the platform. I have described a workaround to this problem, but we want this feature fixed.

We want to be able to set interactions that are inherited from the default state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I get the issue you're having. Other states inheriting interactions automatically for the same elements might turn out to be annoying, as much as it can be useful. States can be used for a lot of things and it depends how much of the time that behavior is required.

I agree it's annoying having to go to 5-6 states and rewire the same elements. Perhaps it makes sense for it to work like in artboards - if you copy elements with links from one state to another while on the prototype tab, the links should be preserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines