• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting fonts from PSD to XD

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was handed a slew of .psd files from my dev team that need to be converted to XD. I'm able to import them, but when I do, all the fonts sizes change. For example going from 11px in Photoshop to 19.53 in XD.

Is there any way I can make this consistent? Maybe changing pixel size or resolution in photoshop or some kind of setting change? My dev team is going to be looking at the development link and expect the font sizes to be the same as they were in the psds. Any way to do this?

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export , Open and save docs , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested and I'm getting the same pixel size coming through. Is there a file you can post for us to test? You could delete all but one piece of text to simplify the file and we can see if there's anything unusual about it.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I'm posting 2 files. In photoshop the text is reading at 12pt, when I import it to XD it shows up at 16.67. 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/a8bfded7-1229-4dd4-6e02-3788c6e0eb1c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, now I see what's going on. Your file is 100ppi (pixels/inch) with 12pt (not px) type. The pt vs px is very important to note. Points need to be converted into pixels for XD. XD does NOT use points, it uses pixels.

12pts in a 100ppi file = 16.67px (in Photoshop or XD). If you switch your Photoshop type units to pixels you'd see the correct 16.67px (PS and XD are in agreement).

I suggest you use px for your Photoshop type units (not pt) so you see the correct size. If you insist on using pts, you must change the resolution of your file to 72ppi (turn off Resample when changing) and then you'll see 16.67pts (which will be the same as px when brought into XD).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I was starting to suspect that that was the issue as well as the higher resolution of the photoshop files. Hopefully that explanation will be enough for the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines