• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation issues
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in the correct to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo... and let us know if that helps.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem today when my pwer whent out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, im having to shut down my computer and restart the whole creative cloud several times just to try and open important work documents, its taking up so much time and it just says sorry cant open this document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd problem.PNG

HI, how to solve this problem ? 

I had sign out from adbobe xd and restart computer but the problem it's still exsit 

please I need solution soon as soon 

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, having the same issue, here. Great way to celebrate the first day of paid subscription...

How did you solve the issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. I tried to restart my computer (Windows). I'm trying to open a file that my boss shared with me. It is strange that I can open previous files that he shared with me, but all the ones that he shared with me today, I can't open them. I get the message "Sorry. We couldn't open this file" over and over again. When I try to open it from CC I get the message "Cannot upload documents to the cloud" (I attach screenshots). I don't know if it's important, but my boss is sharing files with me from his apple computer.

Please I need to fix this problem in order to work. I can't try to open the file on another computer because it is the only computer I have. 

I appreciate who can help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My enterprise organization is having this issue when trying to load files from our Mac server that was just updated to macOS Monterey. File permissions appear to be set properly, and no other file types have this issue. None of the mentioned fixes here have helped. Can anyone provide an answer/fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem today.

I've tried the suggested solutions but it didn't work, plus my most recent files show up at the Adobe XD home page but they don't show up at assets.adobe.com, so I can't even download the files to work on them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling the entire CC and XD itself a couple of times, it's working again. However, that file that I mentioned was showing up on the XD Home but not on the assets.adobe.com page completely vanished. Couple days of work, gone.

Anyone know any possible way to retrieve that lost file, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nonsensical, it keeps happening with all my cloud documents and I have the creative cloud app running all the time. I can't keep creating the ducplicate to re-save the file (or using similar methods to recover the file). What's the point of having the cloud system when things as simple as this doesn't work. It happened with two of my recently created documents and it just wasted a lot of time to recover the files. I don't know if Adobe is going to fix it or they aren't even aware if this is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to report a problem. I was working on a document (not a shared document), when the power went out. after the power came back, I put on my windows 10 computer with core i3 processor. I then opened creative cloud and opened adobe xd. I went to my files and tried to open the document I was working on and a message popped:

"Something went wrong

sorry, we can't open this document. Access this document history to save a copy of a previous version. (error 47)"

The part of the message that says "Access this document history", is a hyperlink. when i click on the link it opens my account on the web and i can only see one artboard for the document when I am supposed to have approximately 10.

This error is only applied to one document, I can access the rest. Also i can see the document and all my art boards on my adobe xd phone app. Please I need this issue resolved as soon as possible.

I have already gone through the community reports and solutions but none has worked for me. I cannot see any adobe file in the packages (C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Local\Packages). 

I am also using the latest version of creative cloud and adobe xd.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please check this discussion and see if you have already tried the shared solutions. Also, this is the temp location C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD.Dev_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState for autosave on a Windows machine so in case if you are unable to see the file under a specific user name then please try signing in with a different username if you have multiple user profiles on the Windows machine. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the doc from my XD app I see the following message:

Sorry, we can’t open this document. Access this document’s history to save a copy of a previous version. (Error 47)

When I click on the link in the message it leads me to Creative Cloud website. But i can't download the file 

It only display: Downloading Files (0 of 1) and no response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I do something to recover my project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. It looks like you are unable to opn your cloud document in XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if it´s an local file that gets the error 47? What can i do? I really need to open that design, it´s a clients design not my own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Luck finding a sol, I have the same issue. local file & gives an error 47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer shut down while working with XD.
I turned XD back on. The XD file is not opened. Error 47
I went into assets.adobe.com.
There is a file record. But there is no information about size, width, height.
I clicked on the history link.
It shows "Cannot load document history".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Omer,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo...

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajneesh5CAF_1-1625054257905.png

I got error code:47 whenever trying to open XD file ( Cloud or Local both )

<Title renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a Cloud file have you tried rolling back to a previous version to see if the error goes away?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajneesh5CAF_1-1625058293805.png

Got the cloud project files, but not opening in XD.
it will show the same error code:47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajneesh5CAF,

Thank you for reaching out and trying the steps suggested. Would you mind also trying the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo... and let us know if that helps?

If it doesn't, please share the XD and the OS version of your machine.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines