• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code: 88 while opening file in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message reads: "There was an error opening the file (Error code: 88). This is not a valid XD document." I've tried updating XD and is now verson 24.0.22.19 and my file was saved in my computer. My computer is Windows 10. I appreciate your help, I've gotta get this done by this Friday 😞

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me on here. XD is exporting files with 0 bytes. Need urgent help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue over the weekend. Can not open the file. My file size says 4 kb which should be accurate. 

Mac OS 10.15.4

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 9.14.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Same Error here- The File was saved in the Cloud 
Mac 10.15.7 Saved everything yesterday and now the File says 0KB. Any chance to save the File? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

The "correct" answer is not helpful at all.

I had the same issues where I did a huge amount of work, saved the Adobe XD file and the next time I tried to open it, an Error 88 code presented as well as the file size reflecting 0kb.

I managed to resolve it by transferring the XD file onto another machine (my laptop in this case) and it opened from there and thank goodness, my work was in tact. 

If you can, perhaps try this - it might work for you too.

Regards,

Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines