• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash/load\ - XD freezing/crashing on zoom in

Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted about this issue previously. The symptoms have changed slightly but remain largely the same:

Performing zoom operations can sometimes freeze the specific XD window that was being zoomed in. 

System & Environment:

A few notes on the behavoir:

• Previously this was triggered by performing many zoom operations quickly (by left-clicking the mouse in quick succession). 
TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The originaly post was submitted accidentally and since these community forums provide no way to update or delete a post I will have to continue here:

Note: This issue is hard to reproduce. It doesn't happen every time I attempt to zoom in but it does happen almost every day. The only fix is to force quit Adobe XD and restart it. Previous versions of XD had a similar bug but you were still able to save your work. That is however no longer the case and real data loss is a possibility. I try and save as often as possible to avoid this but it has still forced me to redo work a few times.

System & Environment:

Adobe XD Version 40.0.22.12

Creative Cloud Sync 4.11.0.12

Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.985

Ryzen 3600X

16GB 3200Mhz

EVGA RTX 2060KO 

Steps to reproduce:

• Open an XD project
  • Zoom out to ~60 percent, such that the entire artboard is visible in the window
  • preform a tight zoom operation by clicking and dragging the mouse in a small area on the artboard
  • The XD window the zoom operation was preformed in will become unresponsive

A few notes on the behavoir:

• Previously this was triggered by performing many zoom operations quickly (by left-clicking the mouse in quick succession). This new bug however occurs after a very large zoom operation is performed by clicking and dragging in a small area from far away.
  • In previous versions of XD the window canvas would freeze, but users could still preform keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+s would still save the current project). This is no longer the case as XD freezes up completely
  • A large CPU usage and memory increase can be seen when XD freezes like this (see screenshot)
  • Other XD windows are unaffected when a project window freezes this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been getting this issue from the very start of using Adobe XD a few years ago, to even now. I use it regularly.

Happens at least once while using Adobe XD. When zooming in and out quickly (quickly clicking the mouse left button) the whole screen freezes. It used to be that you could still save the document when it was in this state, forcing you to force quit, and then re-open, but now you can't even save it at feels more like a regular crash.

This happens on both local documents AND cloud documents, and small simple projects as well as much larger projects. There doesn't seem to be a consistency in projects / system, other than Adobe XD bug. I find it difficult to understand why Adobe cannot replicate this bug when it is happening so often.

I have a similar system (however this bug has been apparent for a number of years):

Adobe Creative Cloud - version 5.4.5.550
Adobe XD - version 40.1.22
GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
64 GB RAM
Windows 10 64bit

Usually have Google Chrome open on another window as well as Photoshop 2021. Other Apps running include Slack, Razer Synapse.

It would be great to try to resolve this. I've been an advocate of Adobe XD for many years, but when you see so many good things happening with software like Figma, and simple bugs like this one not being resolved, its becoming increasingly difficult to promote it.

Please resolve, Adobe Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have a suggestion for this bug:

Is there a way to DISABLE the drag zoom feature i.e. when you select the zoom icon and then click and drag to zoom, this could be conflicting with regular zoom in and zoom out. I've noticed that there's no dely on this tool activating, so could easily be getting confused between performing one operation over another.

This may be more apparent to those who have more sensitive mouse and if they are clicking rapidly to zoom in and zoom out, but then move the mouse slightly, it could be messing up between one or the other.

I personally never use the drag zoom feature and always just click to zoom in and out. It could be that if im moving my mouse slightly when doing this that its affecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your frustration and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind generating Adobe logs and Crash Dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message so that I can escalate your bug to the team for investigation?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing this bug. It is happening quite often to the point I'm not even sure how to continue to use the software. I use CTRL + / - to zoom in and out rapidly as I am jumping around in a fairly large design systems doc I am creating.

I updated XD recently and this new bug appeared. I tried to roll back to a different version but the bug is still present in the older version. The more odd part of this is that I never had barely any crashes prior to updating. Sadly, I forget what version number was rock solid for me before updating but something else might be at play now.

I updated my video card drivers recently thinking it might be a hitch with the slightly older display drivers. I have a 1050ti 4 Gb and Intel UHD 630 On-board Graphics in a Dell XPS 9570. I try to run my machine very light and not have much open beside the document in XD and maybe Chrome, Spotify, Slack.

I've sent probably 6 crash reports already which is only a fraction of the crashes I am experiencing about every 10 minutes. I really like XD but this is really hurting my ability to get anything done while constantly losing work which I then have to recreate after reopening the doc.

Any ideas on when this could be fixed or looked at by your development team?

Specs

____

Intel Core i7-8750H

Intel UHD 630 on-board graphics.

nvidia 1050ti Max-Q

4 Gb VRAM

16 Gb RAM

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎3/‎16/‎2021
OS build 19042.1110
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am yet another person with this issue. Seems to happen either clicking to zoom and out or when using ctrl and +/-.

I've always had this issue with XD regardless of version I've had of it. An insight from today is that it begins to occur after a period of 1-2 hours and becomes fairly frequent from then on.

Specs and version as follows:

Dell Laptop

Windows 10 OS (OS Build 19043.1083)

16 GB Ram

No GPU

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz

XD version I'm currently running is 42.1.22.

Needless to say a fix would be appreciated!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue. I can not work.
I am trying to save every minute or two but even with one file open with only a couple of artboards XD is freezing and then crashing. 

Please please please fix this. 
Running version 42.1.22

I have unistalled and reinstalled a few times and it has not helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines