Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Templates - Enforcing guidelines

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure if this is possible in XD.

I want to create a template to give to other people.

When they open the template, they cannot move certain text fields but they can do things such as change the color of text, write/rename/change the text itself but they cannot scale or change the position of that texts location. 

This is just to make sure that whoever uses the template does not make a mistake and everything is positioned as it needs to be..

I would probably need to do the same for images/vectors/logos etc. 

I have attached an image of small example of what i want to include in my template.

As you can see, theres are artboards, i would need to do the same thing.. so that no one mistakenly moves or changes the dimension of the Artboard... However, if someone where to add an image i would want the artboard to mask the image.. so i would have to lock positioning and lock the changing of dimensions (width, height, etc) but they could apply a mask, change background color. etc.

Is this possible using some kind of templating or will i have to result to creating my own plugin to individually enforce this elements (if its possible to do that via XD UXP JavasScript)

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, here is the image

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 12.05.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BUMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines