Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL+Z (Undo) Bug - Still present in 2021

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a solution to this for ages now. I've seen couple of different threads related to this, from 2017, 2019 and one from last year, but apart from updating Windows with the Creator Update (which was an update in March 2017 I think), I didn't see any "solved" threads so I'm posting it again.

Please Adobe, please take this seriously and respond something because all I see is that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing and it wasn't really aknowledged by any admin that anyone would even look into it.

The problem, as a lot of people described: After a while, the undo function stops working. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes after 5 minutes. A restart solves it, but only temporarily, sometimes for 5 minutes, sometimes for more. Does not look machine specific, I have the same issue on both desktop and laptop.

It also seems to be a Windows version issue, my collegues on Mac does not experience anything similar, but reading from the forums, people have been reporting the same problem from Mac stations as well from time to time.

I am going crazy because of this bug. I am seriously considering switching to Figma, only because of this, which would mean a switch to our whole team; however, I do fear there might be some unforseen bugs there as well.

Please Adobe, please respond with something to give me hope.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we totally understand your frustration on this  , XD team is aware of this undo issue which is intermittent on Windows and the fix is in progress for the same and soon we are going to ship this fix in coming releases. And also we tried reproducing this on mac OS too but couldn't recreate. 

Thanks for your patience!!

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and we totally understand your frustration on this  , XD team is aware of this undo issue which is intermittent on Windows and the fix is in progress for the same and soon we are going to ship this fix in coming releases. And also we tried reproducing this on mac OS too but couldn't recreate. 

Thanks for your patience!!

Regards,

Rajasekhar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zsolt,

We understand your anger and frustration regarding the undo functionality not working properly. As rightly informed by Rajasekhar about the bug being logged for the issue and the team is working on it. 

However, the team definitely wants to investigate more about the issue and for that, we would need few more details from you if you allow.

If yes, please generate the logs using this link and crash dumps  along with the XD file. Upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Please share the OS and XD versions of your machine as well.

We will try our best to help.

Note: Please add the link of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still present in the latest release as of today (38.0.12)

How to break CTRL+Z :

1. Select a shape or object.

2. Open its color picker

3. Click-and-drag on the opacity field to adjust its opacity

Honestly I'd prefer not having the ability to slide the opacity over breaking undo.At least until it can be fixed. Please fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a new project at windows platform. It starts good but after  sometimes undo option become ctrl+z is not working . It will stuck.
So need to Restart Software again and again.

Any suggestion or help please !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikesh,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Our Engineering team is aware of the issue and already working on a fix. Please stay tuned to this discussion for any update: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/ctrl-z-undo-bug-still-present-in-2021/m-p/11815517#M45070

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rishabh,

Thanks to Reply.

I Hope team Solve the issue as soon as possible

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Nikesh Mane*
<Personal info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rishabh_Tiwari Is there any update for the community about this bug.

I just updated to 39.0.12.12 (May 2021), and the bug still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nikesh5EA9  Thank you for posting about this issue. This bug occurs when you scrub the opacity field when selecting a color. Doing this breaks undo. This is a long-standing bug that adobe has said they are working on, although it has been a bug for a very long time. For now, you can avoid the bug by not adjusting opacity with your mouse, and typing in the opacity value manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines