Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE WE NEED A DARK MOOD VERSION FOR ADOBE XD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi there,

We completely understand your frustration and interest in the Dark mode feature. We have seen number of votes on this feature here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-interface-overall-ui-including-side-panels 

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

This is the best way of communicating with our engineering team for improvements and feature requests.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We completely understand your frustration and interest in the Dark mode feature. We have seen number of votes on this feature here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte... 

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

This is the best way of communicating with our engineering team for improvements and feature requests.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I finally ditched XD for Sketch. Not only is there no Dark Mode, but the default light mode is awful.

----------- MacBook Pro 16 | 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 | 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 (RAM) | AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? You want us to submit some feedback for dark mode? Still living in 90s or what?

I rather use Sketch. It has dark mode by default and it's so much more user-friendly. XD is just crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. I am afraid, as of now, we don't have a time frame by when this would be available however let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and product management team. 

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of God just freaking implement this already across XD and Creative Cloud. There is absolutely NO REASON FOR THIS STUPID DELAY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've used Adobe products for 20 years, but this one feature may be the reason I move out of this ecosystem. The fact that there are thousands of requests for this going back years and Adobe has done nothing is proof that the company doesn't care about this product or its users. EVERY APP on my computer has a dark mode option, XD is literally the only one. It boggles my mind that this isn't a priority.

I was planning to move to Figma because of this and other issues and now that got bought out by Adobe, too. It's upsetting but I'm still actively searching for a way to dump this suite as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand dark mode as white text on black background. On windows, I would recommend FoxitMobile reader for this feature. It doesn't seem to be implemented in the desktop version. The i-phone version has it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, I am done with XD. I have worked for few years with it, and I could see that you guys are adding noticable features throughout the months, but you guys need to understand something : as designers, who pay attention to pixel perfect details and having your eyes constatnly reaching for the smallest things in your screen while working, it is uterly frustrating and quite painful for the eyes to have absolutely ZERO option for a Dark mode, not even a plugin from a third party. It's such a HUGE feature missing and it's been years that people are actively asking for it, since 2016 that people are requiring it and nothing has been done, nothing has been teased, just nothing from you guys on that matter. We keep reading comments from Adobe employees saying that you understand our frustration and that this request is basically sleeping in your backlog for too long now. Everyt time I open Adobe XD I get that uncomftable feeling for the eyes and every time I tell myself, ugh when will they finally realease a freaking dark mode for this app, evey single time I tell this to myself. I am currently finishing a last project on XD and after that I will switch to Figma for sure, it's gonna be a bit of bumpy road to adjust but should be fine, not that different anyways, except for the dark mode !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I understand that User Voice can be a useful channel for gauging the priority of features, how will Adobe know that this is a highly desired feature if they all go blind before it can be implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also ironic, although pretty logical, that Adobe Xd's main competitor seems to prioritize the requested features on the Xd uservoice more than Adobe does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines