• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dead or abandoned plug-ins leave me with a bad experience

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an XD user since Project Comet, at the time it was a great tool. The introduction of plug ins expaneded on XD's capabilities, but many of the plug-ins are now unsupported or broken, leaving many of us with a bad user experience and an unpredictable tool set for XD. I can only assume the amount of plug-ins will shrink as development of XD slows. Is it time to move to Figma? Is Figma's experience similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found Figma similar in a lot of ways and very different in others. The basics are the same... but they use different terminology: "artboards" = "frames" and so on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it time to move to Figma? Yes. Start using Figma now to familiarize yourself with the interface and workflow. Doing so now, before XD is officially dead, allows you to work on the transition from XD to Figma on your schedule. The email I received from Adobe's about their acquisition of Figma stated, "While we have been reducing our investment in XD, we will continue to support it. We are excited about Figma's vision for the future of product design." Figma is the future, so plan accordingly.

Is Figma's experience similar? It is similar, but there are differences as you'd expect. Bringing over what I know from XD, I have found Figma fairly easy to learn on my own. I'm not nearly as fast at working in Figma as I am in XD, but I am steadily improving. I find it easier to deal with the learning curve while not a deadline.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines