Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[DESIGN]- Adobe XD Layout Grid UX totally stinks

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I truly love XD, but ever since I saw this feature I thought it was porly thought. Controlling the layout grid is total nightmare, why in the world would you do this to us? How can you control that freaking layout grid? Sooo stupid and frustrating, sorry for ranting, but I've been spending over 40 minutes trying to get that damn layout grid to look how I want, and the second I change one value, 2 other values change and mess everything up. AAARGH.

Very frustrating, some of the things you guys do are totally beyond my understanding, they make ZERO sense whatsoever...

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If I get it correctly, you are trying to change the layout grid dimensions from here:

image.png

Will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly happening at your end? You can also refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/artboards-grids.html#grids

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sadly feel the same way as the parent. I have to resolve to using a locked component instead because I cant for my life get the grid layout to function. Here I'm trying to create a simple 12 column grid with 56px wide columns, 42px gutter and 168px left and right margin. When I change one value the other values are updated making it impossible to use.

Here is a video of me trying to create a grid. The pink columns are manually created (notice how they align with the square grid) but when I try to insert the values from my pink grid into the layout grid I get nothing usable:

https://we.tl/t-KqGyhVEkRC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been facing the same issue. It's just beyond my understanding that why would such a simple thing be so difficult. You change one value and the other changed automatcially. I can't get the grid to adjust to the size I want. This is not just frustrating but a huge time waster. 

XD suppose to be a UX tool and these basic feature are not well though out at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines