Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design] -Components not updating properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am struggling with a possible bug of components not updating properly to match master component. I had to do some some rework on my master components, where I deleted some features and added in new. My master component looks just as it should, however when I place the component from the asset list, it now has has all the new features, but also the old ones, like they would've never been removed at all..!?

Here's an example, the one on the left is the master component, as you can see from the selection box. The one on the right is the same component placed from the assets list. It has two plus sign overlapping, the old one I have removed from the master component, and the new updated sign.

I've tried everything to "refresh" the asset list but I just can't make it work. This is happening with many of the components simultaneously. I think the only way is to remove the component completely and then creating it again. However this is quite a big effort since I have to replace all of the instances and relink all the links in the prototype...

Any advice?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Hi,

Thanks a lot for sending the file and video capture.

I am glad that you are able to resolve your first problem by removing out of sync master and regenerating master element. That was a smart workaround.

Regarding your second problem, unfortunately that's a limitation with nested components. If you have a nested component which is not master then any change done to it will be considered as override (even if it is in master). We have a story in backlog to workout a solution for this limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a problem that must be addressed, maybe put an option to paste and create new components. @adobe please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole situation begs belief. The issue here is that the component implementation is ill-conceived to say the least. I keep having to manually update component instances which makes the use of components pointless. 

If overrides are aloud, how come there are no signifiers for this?? It all quickly becomes a mess and it doesn't take much thinking to realise that that would be the case. Just the fact that changing a button label involves changing the label in every single state tells you everything you need to know about how unfit for purpose the whole thing is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I HAVE TO SAY ...I've been very excited about Adobe XD and have my team of 75 people using it (moving away from InVision) but this issue is giving me major pause. The power behind having a component library/design ssystem comes down to this feature/bug. How can you have a design system if components do not update. Adobe I think you know my company and this issue is defintely making us re-consider our move to XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines