• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Repeat grid adds padding to right and bottom of the design in XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title is it basically. First time trying this, and out of now where this problem. Clueless what to do. Would prefer to use as described. How to fix? 

Image should be pretty self explanitory. When I select the group, perfect outline around just those elements. When I turn on repeate grid, extra space around it as shown below. So, no control over the repeat grid spacing. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 4.08.39 PM.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Capture.JPG

I can reproduce it. The reason is shadow. Did you have applied a shadow to button? Please try to remove a shadow and see does it help?. I don't think that this is a bug, so you can work with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on windows machine. Please take a look at the gif below and let me know if this is not the similar workflow that you follow.

Repeat grid.gif

I have a group of elements with image and text and when I turned on the Repeat grid option it doesn't give me the spacing. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with all the files or with a specific file? What is the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it possible for you to share a short video of the workflow for better understanding?

We will try our best to help. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using XD again, and yeah... I find my own post, again. This behavior is still the same, and it's unexpected to me. Ares answered it correctly, but... 2 years later it still confuses me. I have to visually guess now to get grid spacing I want or do the math in my head. Even more strange, the spacing is 36px, but the shadow on the button is only "blur 24" ... so, this is still totally confusing to me from a UX perspecitve.

I'm attaching a new screenshot that maybe better shows what's happening. I'd guess an engineer would mark this as "performs as expected," but as a designer I clearly find it unexpected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

I can reproduce it. The reason is shadow. Did you have applied a shadow to button? Please try to remove a shadow and see does it help?. I don't think that this is a bug, so you can work with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines