Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Design tokens with the same values

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create colors (design tokens) that use the same hex value? Whenever I try this my assets get combined. I'm creating a design system and want to set up variables for different components so they can be easily changed later on. For instance, I may want to create a border color for inputs and a background color for cards. They may be the same color now but if I need to change my input border color later on I don't want it to apply the same color to the cards. This is where I need multiple variables with the ability to set them to the same color. This is similar to Figma's ability to have design tokens point to other design tokens. Is this functionality currently possible in XD?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Design, How to, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021
Hi Default3bgez6fly5zr, Thank you for reaching out, I am afraid it is not possible on the XD yet, however, you can use an extension Adobe XD for Visual Studio Code | Let's XD to achieve these results. Thanks, Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Default3bgez6fly5zr,

Thank you for reaching out, I am afraid it is not possible on the XD yet, however, you can use an extension Adobe XD for Visual Studio Code | Let's XD to achieve these results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines