Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Difference between XD and my HTML

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I create an XD document, and add two simple text. I put them in stack.

There is a big space between both (no marge in the attribut)

Capture d’écran 2021-12-29 à 15.47.39.pngCapture d’écran 2021-12-29 à 16.05.31.png

When I create an HTML document, and add the same texte, with the same css attribut, I don't have the same space between both.

Do you have any idea how can I reduce the marge in XD ? Again, I don't have any extra marge in the attribut.

Thanks,

Aurélie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share css code for review. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares, thanks for the answer, yeah of course I share right now!

That's an email code, so it's coded with <table> like in the 90's

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="fr">

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9; IE=8; IE=7; IE=EDGE" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <style type="text/css">
        body {width:100%!important; -webkit-text-size-adjust:100%; -ms-text-size-adjust:100%; margin:0!important; padding:0; color:#000000;}
        * {font-family:inherit;} 

table td {border-collapse:collapse; vertical-align:top;}
        table { border-collapse:collapse; mso-table-lspace:0pt; mso-table-rspace:0pt;}
    </style>

<style type="text/css">
        @Font-face {
            font-family: 'Lato-Bold';
            src:    url('Lato-bold.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), 
                    url('Lato-bold.woff2') format('woff2'), 
                    url('Lato-bold.ttf') format('truetype'), 
                    url('Lato-bold.svg#Lato-bold') format('svg');
            font-weight: normal;
            font-style: normal;
        } 
        *:not(#outlook).lb   {font-family: 'Lato-Bold', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif!important;}
    </style>
</head>

<body style="background-color:#ffffff; color:#444444;">
    <table role="presentation" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center" width="100%" style="margin:auto;">
        <tr>
            <td align="center" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11px; line-height:11px; color:#000000;" class="lb">
                jusqu'à
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td align="center" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:160px; line-height:160px;color:#000000;" class="lb">
                -70<sup style="font-size:50px;">%</sup>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @auréliel44189395 , thanks for sharing the html code (also thanks to @Ares Hovhannesyan asking for it), as I see it you don't have any extra styling for the text in the code as well. Since even different browsers shows/renders the very same html/css in slightly different ways, I'd say px to px a perfect match might not be possible by default. Thinking what I'd do to match the look in XD, I might fiddle with line spacing/line height in XD to arrange the vertical spacing (if it was the horizontal, than letter spacing/character spacing could be the setting to tweak) I'm marking those settings in the screenshot I'm adding if you're not sure which ones I'm talking about, hope this helps 🙂 

7349573498573948573.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason you can't use a negative spacing in Stack:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/41720950-allow-neg...

If you can use a simple Component / Group instead then you can place the text elements closer together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fonts (especially OpenType, with their various settings) can render differently in various apps depending on the default settings. That may be the case here. XD does not currently let you set OpenType settings. I'm not sure exactly why it renders differently, but I'm not surprised that there can be minor differences.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines