• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Samsung Galaxy S7 on Adobe XD Mac Sierra

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched to an Android phone and installed Android File Transfer. Everything works fine between Mac and Android until I open Adobe XD on my Mac. Then I'm prompted to download Adobe XD on my Adroid and my connection to Android File Transfer is severed. The message I get is "Adobe XD No installed apps work with this USB accessory. Learn more about this accessory at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.sparklerandroid. I can't re-access AFT until Adobe XD is closed on my Mac. Is there a way to disable the connection between XD on my Mac and on my Android? It's very frustrating as it is, now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Hi All,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. The Team is already aware of the issue and is working on it. The Bug is already been logged for the issue. You may definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for the patience. There is a new update on this: Android’s Open Accessory is the protocol used to communicate with the XD app. This app limits users from tethering or file transfers. To use Adobe XD with Live Preview, select the No data transfer... option in Android’s USB Preferences.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Hi Luciano,

My apologies for the delay in response and sorry for the confusion. Actually the team identified that this is a known limitation with the XD app. Android's Android’s Open Accessory pretty much cuts off anything else, be it tethering or file transfers. Essentially, the connection with an Android device is exclusive. You can't do something else while XD is connected.

Workaround: manually switch USB settings on Android phone
Currently you can not use both USB options when connecting

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I can't see any updates. I know that this is a minor bug and it's probably not high priority but given how a lot of people might want to tether their phones for working at home now (like me) would it be prudent to look into it? It's a little frustrating that I can't use file transfer / hotspot tethering via USB whilst Adobe XD is open on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything other than "No data transfer" in the USB preferences. The moment I click on "File Transfer", it jumps back to "No data transfer". Because of this, I am unable to do code debugging on my device. I have to close XD app in my laptop to use my mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not good answer ,  ms harshika

we want to transfer files when we work with adobe Xd

but it is not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is not possible..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the inconvenience. As of now, I am afraid, we only have the above-shared workaround to recommend. Having said that, let me assure you, I will share your feedback with the Engineering team. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am living in an urban area where broadband disconnected sometimes. When it disconnects I use internet connecting USB tethering my phone. Whenever I open Xd USB tethering gets disconnected. This issue was created on 2016 but still there is no solution. It's so annoying experience for me, I have to switch myself in Figma. Xd is a sh*t right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling with the annoying Adobe XD notifications and no way to connect to Android File Transfer, I simply enabled Developer Options on my device after clicking my Device Build 7 times  > Under Developer Options, I selected Networking > Select USB Configuration > Select Media Transfer Protocol (MTP). That will force the device to remain in MTP mode long enough to allow Android File Transfer connection on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does not work for me. Xd overrides this android setting and keeps disconnecting my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating. There is no way for me to completely remove Adobe XD and allow USB transfer. Why is this still a problem??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines