• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable title bar when in Preview mode?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to preview a prototype without showing the "Preview: <prototype name>" title bar and Windows icons?

What I would like to do is display the prototype at its full resolution, without any other artifacts.  The Title bar takes up some space, and of course includes the usual minimize, maximize, and close Windows buttons.  Is there a way to disable the title bar entirely?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Can you do Publish Prototype with Open in Full Screen option, then set Edge to full-screen mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott, you may hit  F11 key to enter fullscreen mode on Windows and on Mac choose View > Enter Fullscreen.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Atul_Saini,

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, hitting F11 does not seem to do anything while running my prototype.  The name of the prototype and the title bar and Windows Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons still appear, even though they are not part of my prototype.  I have circled the area that I would like to have "disappear" in the attached image.

Suggestions welcomed!

Thank you,

ScottCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari: Use this solution fullscreen - Can I hide the toolbar in Safari while in Full Screen mode? - Ask Different

Chrome : Select View and deselect the option Always Show Toolbar on Welcome Screen.

Does that work for you?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran,

I'm using Windows 10, and simply starting my prototype using the triangular preview key at the top of the design window.  I'm not running inside a browser, so I do not have access to the options you listed above, which apply to toolbars when running from a browser.

I can't seem to find any option that lets me control disabling of the "recording" panel, which includes the record button, the title of the current prototype, and the usual Windows minimize/maximize/close buttons.

Suggestions very welcomed!

Thanks again,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. I am guessing that this is a Windows limitation, because on my Mac, I am able to make the toolbar go away. I am hoping that the other contributors here have a better idea than I do.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming this, Preran,

I also hope that other contributors might know of a way to do this in Windows.

Kind regards!

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Windows-Shift-Enter work? (I'm on Mac so I'm only guessing here, by the way! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, to a great extent. I can still see the record button though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priran,

Yes, that's exactly what I saw.  Please see my reply to kennethkawamoto2 for an image.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do Publish Prototype with Open in Full Screen option, then set Edge to full-screen mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks promising. I'll have to wait until I have my 1024x768 display to try this out, but this technique does seem to get rid of all of the borders etc.

Many thanks for the suggestion, Kenneth!  I'll get back to you once I can run better experiments.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This technique worked for me.  Many thanks, Kenneth!  I have marked your suggestion as the answer, along with the suggestion to using Windows-Shift-Enter to go into full-screen.

Best regards,

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll need to run some experiments on my actual display (1024x768), but it appeared to make the prototype take up the full screen on my larger monitor, except for a small "Record" icon in the upper left-hand corner.  Here's an image:

Untitled.png

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I'm quite there yet, unless someone knows of a way to disable the "Record" button.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! You save our team 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines