• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discover the file path for an open XD file

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator you can find the file path of the file by Option clicking the document name in the application window - and you see the heirarchy listed for that open file.

Is there a similar function for XD please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click on the Home button, XD will open the screen where you can either create a new document or open a recent one. The recent documents will show either "CLOUD DOCUMENT" or the truncated path to the locally saved document. If you hover over the locally saved document, XD will display the full path to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou Myra

I see now the path when I intend to open a recent file.

However my problem is that when I have an XD file open already and I am working on it, there are times I need to confirm where the source of the file is, my HD, my external drive, the cloud or the server where backups are stored. In the past I have had issues thinking my file is on the server but it was in fact cloud based and my colleagues could not access it whilst I was on holiday.

Knowing quickley where my file is based would be a huge influence on workflow in a busy studio!

Thans again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines