Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distance between onjects

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Can anyone spot the measurement between the objects? No? That's because Adobe doesn't care about that 🙂
Seriously guys, put a background behind the measurement text, like in Figma, this is ridiculous, this is a huge UX flaw.
Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we will make sure to share your feedback with the team to make improvements in the future. 

We would request you to please submit your feedback on XD UserVoice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link with us here for tracking purposes.

Thanks

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's a bit subjective, but I understand the frustration. Especially if you have a pinkish color as the background where the numbers appear.

I personally don't have a problem reading these in Xd, but I agree Figma has done a better job at making these readable. Illustrator smart guides work and look the same way, so I assume they just follow that pattern throughout all the products, for consistency and all 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chris.bannu, I agree with @Spas K.. If you want to create a feature request for showing the distances the way you suggested, you can do so here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests 
Meanwhile, the closest thing you can do is holding alt/option key and hovering over the objects as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gACQXcD7SE
Happy designing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AkinGn 
That's exactly what I did, please check the screenshot 🙂 Almost impossible to see, isn't it?
Adobe can check the user forum once in a while, there are other alternatives out there, not really my job to do their job. I'm already using Figma as many of my clients request that, if Adobe doesn't care about their products, I'm not going to either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tbh I saw it immediately and was initially wandering what the issue is, but as I said earlier - subjective 🙂 Otherwise - you should use what you like best and what fits your and your clients' workflows. I also use both Xd and Figma for different projects and clients, depending on the requirements. Xd for all its shortcomings still allows me to do some "hacks" that I can't achieve in Figma 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma sucks in many ways, XD is still my go to tool, if they would steal the good stuff from one another, the resulting app would be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh didn't check the screenshot ok 😄 Again @Spas K. translated my feelings about it, I check also both but XD is more flexible & faster to me. Since you really think that's a feature you'd like to see in XD, I'd certainly suggest creating a feature request on XD uservoice! Happy designing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer XD as well, the worflow is 3-4 times faster than Figma. I'll post on uservoice, not sure why adobe isn;t checking out their own forums too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They check but there's a voting based system on feature requests so they can filter the most popular feature requests to see which can be implemented using time, labour and other resources optimally I guess 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we will make sure to share your feedback with the team to make improvements in the future. 

We would request you to please submit your feedback on XD UserVoice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests and share the link with us here for tracking purposes.

Thanks

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines