• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't create a master component library unless you want your computer to crash

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, using atomic design principles I have slowly been creating a master library of components laid out in atoms, organisms, etc.

When I need to create a new design project I simply grabbed components from the master library (and did not know to make them local once i did).   Now when I try to open the master library of components my computer has a serious crash... like not even ctrl alt delete type of crash and my CPU and fan just pegs until I do a hard restart.

I can only surmise that all of the links presnent is the cause since that one file has components linked to many other files (some are rather large design projects)

Has anyone else ran into this on a windows 10 machine?

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for reaching to us. There are few fixes related with "complex components file" crashes going on. 

Still, we may need your dump to look into it . So, could you please send the crash report , if it hits again to my mail id subedi@adobe.com 

You can get Crash Dump from location Win: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.XD.XXXX\AC\Dumps

OR if you get crash dialog ,click on top blue highlighted statement ,that will redirect you to Crash dump location.

Will try our best to fix the issue asap.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines