• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Downloaded images from the developement links show very large in XD

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Statement:

I usually create B2B websites(IT based) where we have tons of pages including icons and images in almost every sections. After creating all the mockups I handsoff the XD developer link for creating HTML and CSS. When developer downloads all the images they usually come to us(design team) saying that the images sizes are too large to incorporate in the site. They ask us to share compressed file size and give those assets in the proper folder structure. Now for that I take help of any online image compression site to reduce all the assets size and send them back to developement as per thier requirement.

Workflow What I Want:

Design > Create Link for Develeoper > Developement > Final Launch

Worflow What I Am Following:

Design > Assets Export > Compression of Assets > Creat Link for Developer > Developement > Final Launch

Doubt:

Now, If I have to do all the assets export process, what is the use of XD developement link? I can go back to old Photoshop days and following that older web design process.

Question:

Can anyone help me what process or workflow you guys are following. I saw Apple website uses 2x images but quite a bit low file size. I am really confused, becuase the workflow of downloading assest from XD for almost more than 100 pages is litteraly pain in the a** and also chances of mistake is quite high.

I am really seeking help in this.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Soumyadip,

Sorry for the delay in response, and thanks for sharing the detailed information about your workflow. I wanted to know when you mark your assets to download, which option do you choose from the below screenshot?

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1647283353370.png

I exported some images at my end, and it opened fine. Please see this link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/0cb315c4-ca5a-41dc-a8e1-f16ee819e9ce-59e0/specs/ and I used Export for Web as an option.

For details on the design specs workflow, please see this article.

Is it possible for you to share the link with us to check at our end?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines