Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop Images from Other Apps Broken Now

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Until this last update, I could drag and drop images from any source - for example, straight from Google Chrome (unsplash.com). This feature seems to have been broken in the latest update. I can only drop images into masks if they are stored on my harddrive.

MacOS 11.6 (20G165)

Adobe XD 44.0.12.7 x64, Creative Cloud Sync 4.21.1.1d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Looked into this further. Unsplash has switched their images on their site to .AVIF format (until you download them in JPG format). The only way to get an image I can drop into XD is to use the "Download" button and then retrieve it from my Downloads. The process is much slower, but not Adobe's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to drag and drop images from google images search results but not from unsplash.com after Xd latest update? Can you check if you are able to drag and drop from other source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can drag and drop from other websites. I should have checked that first. I only use Unsplash for my XD images, so I didn't think to do that. I guess Unsplash has done something to limit this behavior. Saving and then dragging to XD is so much less effecient. Oh well, it was good while it lasted, I guess. 😄

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looked into this further. Unsplash has switched their images on their site to .AVIF format (until you download them in JPG format). The only way to get an image I can drop into XD is to use the "Download" button and then retrieve it from my Downloads. The process is much slower, but not Adobe's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines