• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop images

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I cannot drag and drop images into XD. Googling this I found that many have had this issue. However it seams this issue was primarely with Win 10 and somewhat not so much an issue anymore. I have tried everything I have even run various cmd-commands and changed values in Windows Shell but to no avail. I have an updated version of Win 11. My first install of XD was a few months ago and is up to date. I can of course import an image to the artboard using the menu, but cannot bring this image into a rectangle as the tutorial video I´m waching is telling me to do. Can someone please help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Do you mean that you can't make clliping mask (drag and drop into mask the mage from outside)? Learn how to create a mask with shapes. (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Hi guys! I found a way to do this without Drag/drop. I import the image, then draw a rectangle and then use the mask option in the menu. I then get the same result as the guy in the video. I can live with that. But if you come across a solution I´m all ears. Thanks though for your time and effort. I greatly apreciate it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RexRon,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble. We would like to confirm if you've tried the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/error-can-t-verify-my-subscription-status-window....

If that doesn't help, please ensure that there are no pending system or drivers update that might be creating issues. If it still doesn't work, please try the below steps-

• Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  • Close all tasks related to CCDA from the task manager.
  • Restart the machine.
  • Sign back to the Creative Cloud desktop app and launch XD from the Creative Cloud desktop itself.

Let us know if that helps. We'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I hadn´t seen these tips before, but tryed them out now. Sorry to say it didn´t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn´t mind not being able to drag and drop, but the only way I can add an image is importing it via the menu. And then the image just appears on the artboard. In the tutorial I´m waching this guy draw a rectangle with the rectangle tool and then drags an image into it. Whatever I do I can´t get the image inside the rectangle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you can't make clliping mask (drag and drop into mask the mage from outside)? Learn how to create a mask with shapes. (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I can´t drag images into XD at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a folder into XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your reply. I allready tried those. To no avail I´m afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys! I found a way to do this without Drag/drop. I import the image, then draw a rectangle and then use the mask option in the menu. I then get the same result as the guy in the video. I can live with that. But if you come across a solution I´m all ears. Thanks though for your time and effort. I greatly apreciate it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines