• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating Components and Art Boards as a Template

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of artboards and connected components that I need to duplcate as a template and preserve the relaatinships between the artboards and screens.  However these need to be separate so that changes made to compoents in the new set do not affect the artboards in the orignal.  I have no issue with getting a copy via copy or duplicate commands but the links between the compoents and artboards in the new set are then broken.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of artboards and connected components that I need to duplcate as a template and preserve the relaatinships between the artboards and screens.  However these need to be separate so that changes made to compoents in the new set do not affect the artboards in the orignal.  I have no issue with getting a copy via copy or duplicate commands but the links between the compoents and artboards in the new set are then broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Will it be possible for you to record a small video of the workflow and share it with us? We'll also need the version of XD and OS. We'll try our best to help you with this.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay but we did not get an email that you had replied.  We could do this but we would need to prepare the files as at present it is based on confidential information.  We are able to copy and duplicate artboards and components but when they are paisted or duplcated the links to the components remain as connected to the master componenets from the original set that was copied.  I guess our question is, is there as way when you paiste of copy a set of artboards can we keep the componet links connected to the new pasited file or will they always be connected to the orginal master component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you copying and pasting in Prototyping mode? Copying and pasting in Design mode can lose links that will be kept if you're in Prototyping mode.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our issue is different.  We are looking to maintain the connection between master components and their use when we copy artboards to create duplicate versions.  The issue is the component relationship stays connected to the orginal set of master componenrts even in the new duplicated artboards.  We would like the relationship the master components and the artboards to be copying with the same relationship as opposed to staying locked with the orginal mater components.  Based on our experimentation it does not seem that this functionality is currently in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines