• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

editing master component wrecks all instance overrides

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a component which is basically an image with a mask and a gradient with transparency on top.

I had a bunch of instances in which I changed the image.

Then I updated the master component by adding a solid colour background under the whole thing...

Hell breaks loose and all my overrides are reset to the original image despite the fact that I haven't touched the image of the master component.

This is the opposite of what components should be about!

what's the point of having components if I have to manually redo every single instance after I edit the master component?

I've been able to fix the issue on the file where the shared library is by undoing everything but other files using the shared library are now messed up and won't get the overrides back.

Is there a PROPER way of editing a master component so that the overrides of all the instances are not instantly reset? It defeats the point of components.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

I did the whole process again and this time it didn't wreck everything. This is so random.

I was lucky to have all the files using the linked library open so that I saw what happened, otherwise it would've been too late to fix it. I wish XD behaved in a reliable way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the whole process again and this time it didn't wreck everything. This is so random.

I was lucky to have all the files using the linked library open so that I saw what happened, otherwise it would've been too late to fix it. I wish XD behaved in a reliable way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're able to solve things. We'll keep an eye on this issue. Let us know if you again face the issue. We'll try our best to investigate and help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines