• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing text element within a group caused a glitch in the other elements within that group.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See video attached for clear idea of what is happening.

Device: Macbook Air, 2020

XD version: 49.0.12

I am editing a document in XD for which I am not the owner. This document houses a lot of components for our visual design system. I went in to edit a text element within a group, within a group, and as soon as I centred the text, all of the elements within that larger group were relocated, resized, disorganized, and somewhat warped. I'm not sure why this happened, and it is not happening for the other versions of this component for different sized screens. The software is also behaving very slow and taking a long time to process. Not sure if this is related or not.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Madalayne, hmm interesting, I think instead of using text with auto width and height, I'd make it "fixed size" and set the width same with its background element (Rectangle 1764, in your case. oh and I added the screenshot if it's not clear, I'd picked fixed size for the text, the option at the right) (if you do that in the main element, it'd be reflected to all instance components as you know) That'd be the first thing I'd try. Also it looks like the component is grouped with an outer element or something? There's certainly something wrong with that particular instance of that component, if anything doesn't work, I'd take another copy of that component and create that instance from scratch. Oh you can also check this tutorial if you're not very familiar with paddings in the components: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBT53XZELZc  Hope this helps!

9843956345936498563.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines