Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements keep duplicate after "alt+tab"

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug

After switching windows with "alt + tab" and then returning to Adobe XD "alt" seems to stuck.

Then when I try to move any element, currently selected or not, it duplicates itself.

Note: no matter if I'll return to Adobe XD via "alt+tab" or by picking an icon on my taskbar.

Also, this happens not every time. There is like an 80-90% chance. It stops, when I "undo" or edit some text...do whatever else than click&move.

Windows 10 Pro

Adobe XD 34.3.12.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amadeusz,

Thanks for reaching out. I was unable to reproduce this on the latest version of XD so could you please update XD to the latest version which 35.1 and test it again?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have only 35.0.12.14 available 😛
Anyway, updated and the bug is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue for a while, at least for the past 10 versions or so. Initially, I thought it was somehow related to my Bluetooth keyboard, but the Alt key does not become stuck in any other software or at the OS level. I'm currently running v38.1.12.2 and the issue persists.

Steps to reproduce:

1. With XD open, press Alt+Tab to switch to another app
  2. Press Alt+Tab again to get back to Adobe XD
  3. Scroll with your mouse and it will zoom as if the Alt key is still being pressed
  4. Pressing the Alt key again gets it back to a normal state

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has plagued me the past year at least, ever since I began using XD. I use Alt+Tab constantly to switch between tabs. When I'm working with XD, it does exactly as everyone is saying. After I switch back to XD and scroll my wheelmouse, the artboard zooms in or out until I press Alt or Ctrl, then it reverts to normal behavior. It does this 100% of the time. This behavior has never occurred in any other Adobe software I've used (Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere/After Effects/Indesign), just XD. I updated to the latest version a few days ago (57.1.12.2), and I have Windows 10. It's been three years and the problem is still not corrected.

Same steps to reproduce as Alejandro Sanclemente.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ethan Stone,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'll get this tested on my end, meanwhile, can you confirm if the scrolling behavior gets resolved after clicking the Control key once? Please test this and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the issue goes away (temporarily) after pressing either Ctrl or Alt once. The issue returns as soon as I press Alt+Tab again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines