• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2161 while opening the document in XD.

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer open my document or continue working.  This is the worst of the many crashes I've had with XD since starting my project in October.  Now, after months of hard work I cannot do anything!  Has anyone seen error 2161?  When I search google nothing comes up, which is scary!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Hi everyone, 

Sorry to hear that you're getting "Error 2161 while opening the document in XD". Please check the solution mentioned on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quot-or-error-47-while-opening-the-cloud/td-p/10415491). It's a different error, however, the solutions should help you fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Merged thread

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mookie,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the cloud document in XD. Would you mind telling if it's an cloud document or a local document? If it's a cloud document, please check if you can see the file at assets.adobe.com and then try to download the file from there.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this Error 2161. 

I tried your Solution in dowloading it from assets, but it still crashes when i try to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

Sorry to hear that you're getting "Error 2161 while opening the document in XD". Please check the solution mentioned on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/error-quot-sorry-we-can-t-open-this-document-in-adobe-xd-quo...). It's a different error, however, the solutions should help you fix this problem. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Merged thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your knowledge and helping mind. But the issues needs to fixed from Adobe side. Because we have already shared the links to various file to view the project. So when we download and use it as a new file the export link will change. Very disappointed and really regret to choose this bug app of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing updated from Adobe side! Looks like Adobe is not interested in improving XD since the time they purchased figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to download and open.  I didn't try to re-save to the cloud since we re-did all the work that was lost in the few days it took to get this response.  Can you explain why I was able to download and open but not open diretly from the cloud?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps. Sometimes the document gets corrupted, you can now copy everything from the file  and paste into a new document.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 3 month work its gone, and it have a tight deadline.

This cloud document got error 2161, my file cannot open.

I TRUST adobe cloud thats why i not back up the xd file for offline.

I have trying open cloud file in different computer and trying hundred times but its still got same error.

This is the error:

Something went wrong

Close and reopen the document to continue working.

(Error 2161)

Somebody please save my career...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be frustrating for you. We would feel the same in your situation. We will try our best to help. We would request you to please try the solutions mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-error-2161-while-opening-the-document-in-xd/td-p/...

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot trust any company let alone any major company to save your work. You should ALWAYS have a backup of your own data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error and i downloaded the file from Assets (After waiting for long to finish download in progress).
But my issue is a bit different, before the error there's artboards that gone (I didn't delete them which is wierd).

I need to copy paste these artboards from previous version in the cloud but i can't download specific version of the file from Assets.

Please help me, this work is very important and the deadline is too close >_< 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem is Sloved after clicking "check for updates" from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.
After clicking on it, Adobe XD start updating and the error is gone when i open the document file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to copy/paste any of the parts into a new document as the warning message prevents me from taking any actions.

In my case, the only way I was able to recover my file was to log into my Creative Cloud Web from the CC Desktop App (via dropdown under Cloud Icon in top right).

Once there, navigating to my Cloud Documents allowed me to download the file and it was successful in opening on my local drive. It's better for me to only have to create a new share link and re-invite members to a new cloud file than copy/paste any customized linked assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. It will definitely help our customers in resolving their issues. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Happy Weekend!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have very important project and it shows error 2161 when i open it.
Before this error, i saw that some artboards are missing but i didn't delete them.

Although i can copy the artboards from previous versions but my biggest problem is opening the file right now.

I tried to download the file from Adobe Assets but it says that the download in progress but it's not, there's no download when i click the download button.

Also i tried this soultion but didn't help.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-error-2161-while-opening-the-document-in-xd/td-p/...

Please help me, I must finish my work in the project in these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a cloud document, you mean the link in assets?
This is a screenshot of the error, i can't do anything in the file other than close it!

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to download from Assets right now, but after waiting "download in progress" for long period.

But the issue that before this error there are artboards dissapeared, i don't know why (I didn't delete them). and i'm not able to download a previous version of the file from assets to copy paste the missing artboards in a new project.
Please help me on that, it's so important work and the deadline for it is too close!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they artboard selected or have interaction with other when you update project to Cloud previously?

I mean Adobe XD project file on your local machine. Can you share for testing on my computers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there's some artboards that have interactions with others, but what you mean by updating project to the cloud,  it's already a cloud document.

I think i don't have a way to share this document because it's a cloud file, is it saved locally when the project is on the cloud? I checked Adobe Creative Cloud Files but it's not there.

I can send send you my credentials maybe you could download the previous version of the document from Assets (This is the only thing i need to fix the issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, when i download the file from Assets or when i disable the wifi and open the cloud file to save it locally, the document works 100% which results that the cloud file is corrupted maybe. but as i told you, there's no way to restore the deleted artboards from previous version if it saved localloy.

Is there any way to download previous versions of the document from Adobe Assets or anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't local file you  can only try to restore it from cloud if any previous version are available.If not there isn't any way to restore corrupt file. 

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/collaborate-coedit-designs.html#dochistory 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Ares.
The problem is solved after contacting the support.
What i did is just checking for updates in Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop and it turns out that Adobe XD has an update, after the update has finished, I opened the document and the error is gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks for informing.:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines