• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: 161

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD wont accept my illustrator file. Is this due to size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD, AI and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. You can also check this article for the list of supported features while importing AI file.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD version: 45.1.62.3 arm 64
Illustrator version: 26.0.1
macOS Monterey: 12.0.1

Its effecting one specific file currently and I thought it was mainly
because the file size is just over 300mb?

Regards

Mark Crow
{Personal details Removed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size limit for importing an SVG file into XD is 100 MB. If the file you want to import is larger than 100 MB, consider breaking it into several files and import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I thought perhaps it was because I had compound paths. Even eliminating those layers did not resolve the issue. The file size is only 319 KB, and all programs are the most recent/up-to-date. What I need to do is export individual elements into After Effects, and this was my only known workaround. Boo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough, if I restart my whole system, it works again, but just one time. Then I get the error message 161.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Danika24107176io6p,

It's good to know that restarting your computer temporarily resolves the issue. Error Code 161 in Adobe XD is often related to conflicts or issues with the installation or other software running on your computer. It's possible that something is interfering with the normal operation of Adobe XD. 

Here are some additional steps you can try to help resolve the issue:

• Update your graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause issues with Adobe XD. Check for updates on the website of your graphics card manufacturer and install any updates available.
  • Disable third-party plugins: If you have any third-party plugins installed in Adobe XD, try disabling them to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Try running Adobe XD with administrator privileges: Right-click on the Adobe XD application icon, and select "Run as administrator" to give the application elevated privileges.
  • Uninstall and reinstall Adobe XD: If none of the above steps work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Adobe XD. This can help fix any corrupted or damaged files that may be causing the issue.

I hope the above steps help you resolve the issue with Error Code 161 in Adobe XD. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Danika24107176io6p,

Hope you're doing well!

I would like to follow up on your error 161 issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines