• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue, already tried the steps above but didn't fix the problem. My document is a local one, as soon it finish loading I get the error "There was an error opening the file..." (Error code: 47), after I click ok, the document close and can't do anything.

I tried opening the file in other computers with different Adobe accounts and the issue remains. This file only have being share for Design Specs.

this is the error messagethis is the error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. This is a file I've been working on for a month now for my company and starting again would be highly inconvenient, I've tried all the steps above. The file loads completely then shows "There was an error opening the file (filename).xd Error 47"

Don't know what may have caused this or how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not get the file saved in the previous version as I have got a file that is shared with another person who got a subscription with a different ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message means that the document doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this error message means that the document does not exist, something is very wrong. I get this error message by clicking on a share invitation link created and sent from message@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same scenario but neither the file is a cloud ver, nor that it doesn't exist. It's a 67 MB file and damn I lost all my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elainecc​ - Am I correct in saying this functionality is only available between team members? Ie two designers with two different adobe ID's can't edit a file collaboratively?

If this is the case, the error revealed should say so, and not that the document is unable to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's incorrect. The problem happens if someone has two different Adobe IDs with the same Email address. This happens occasionally in enterprise organizations. I was inquiring as to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if you are logged in using the ID with which you subscribed to it? If you have multiple Adobe ID, ensure that you are using the relevant ID to log in.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this error now. How do we go about checking the relevant ID being used when sharing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

For me, I am the owner of the file and I've purchased a subscription with my ID and I've shared my file with another user who has Adobe subscription with his ID, and still getting the same error.

What are your thoughts about this situation?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We're having this problem across our organsiation at the moment - it is causing massive problems.

Everything was fine until last week. Now we cannot effectively share documents across the distributed (Enterprise) team. I really really need a solution v.quickly - being strongly pushed to move to different software (which i don't want to do) but am swimming against the tide here.

There are multiple accounts associated with each persons email address. This is a result of the organisation moving from std licensing to enterprise licenses with single sign on integration.

• When I enter a user's email 2 entries appear 
  • These used to highlight which was associated with an enterprise license in brackets - now it doesn't

We've spent hours and hours trying different combinations of logging in / out of accounts to ensure that everyone is logged in to their enterprise accounts - both those sharing and those being invited. Everyone has updated to the latest version of XD

• Old file shares seem to be ok in some instances
  • Newly created files will not open and we get the error message 
  • The file creator can open the file fine
  • Everyone invited gets the error when trying to open the doc in XD
  • Invited user can download and access from their 'Shared with you' section on assets.adobe.com

Whislt downloading the files to local machines from assets.adobe.com works fine, this is not a appropriate solution - completely negates the value of working together across files or even synching files....

I need a solution quickly please.

How can this issue with multiple accounts be resolved?

Thanks

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you can work with your IT Admin to file a support ticket through the admin console - if you're on an enterprise account, this will be the fastest way to get hands on support.

They'll be able to ask you the following questions:

• Are you trying to use group invitations?
  • Are you sending individual invitations to people?
  • Are you saving local documents to the Creative Cloud Files, or are you sharing documents using the Invite to Edit popup in the document itself?

If it's Invite to Edit (instead of CC Files), my recommendation is to invite people by Email address, but do not accept the autocomplete if it is offered to you - type in the entire Email address. Once the invitation is sent, click on the Email or the desktop notification, and the document should open successfully.

In either case, I'd advise that you go ahead and file that enterprise support ticket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

Will try the email address approach and let you know if we have any success, whilst i see if i can get IT to file the support ticket.

In answer to the questions:

• Are you trying to use group invitations?
    • Tried inviting multiple people at once (no success)
  • Are you sending individual invitations to people?
    • Tried inviting people one by one - had more success in that some could open others not - could never get everyone on the same doc
    • Tried with different doc 'owner' accounts - same problems - some could access others could not
  • Are you saving local documents to the Creative Cloud Files, or are you sharing documents using the Invite to Edit popup in the document itself?
    • Always Creative Cloud Files (created new and saved to cloud)
    • Tried inviting online via the cloud doc on assets.adobe.com
    • Tried inviting from within doc when open in XD
    • Tried setting doc (in XD) as Coediting enabled - seemed to start working for some users (but not 100% sure as desperately trying lots of options)

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Quick update:

Installed latest release of XD (14/4/20) and by following the advice the issue seems to be resolved. In summary:

• Updated XD to the newly released version
  • Removed all invited users from the docs
  • Re-invited users one by one (by repeating the invite process multiple times) from within XD
  • Fully typed user email addresses (rather than use the suggestions supplied)
  • Ensured that co-editing was enabled in the share menu (in XD)
  • Logged into assets.adobe.com and opened the invite menu for the doc
  • Changed the user permissions for the invited users from 'can share' to 'can edit' (there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do this within XD)

Not sure which (if any) of these steps made the difference but now working

Thanks

Liam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear you are able to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing the steps that worked for you. This will definitely help our customers in resolving the similar issue. Please let us know in future for any assistance.

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project worked fine yesterday, but when I wanted to start working today it couldn't open the document anymore.
The project is stored in the Creative Cloud Storage and I don't have a local copy. All my work is gone.

This is the second time this happens this weekend, after a crash yesterday I lost all my work and had to start over again, because even though the last saved version of my project included the lost work, I could not get it back.

I hope someone has a fix for this, because I don't wanna start working on this project all over again a third time. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm on the latest version of Windows 10, Creative Cloud and Adobe XD. All my drivers are up to date.

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColinDeD,

Thanks for reporting this issue and sharing the screenshot here. We would need some information and a few logs to investigate it further.

Could you please share the version of Adobe XD: Go to Help > About XD, exact version of Creative Cloud sync: Open Creative Cloud desktop app, go to Preferences > Creative Cloud > Files and other than this information we would need the following logs as well.

• AdobeXD.log: %localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\
  • ACPLocalLogs:%localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\ACPLocalLogs

Note: For the logs above paste" %localappdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState\ " in the address bar of windows explorer, you would get to the Local State folder where you can find the above logs.

You may upload these logs to CC or Dropbox as a zip file and share the link with me in a private message.

Please let me know in case you face trouble grabbing any of the logs.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , who can help me?

one of my important xd document was deleted , because I didnt mark the last version of it on cloud, now How can I access it? please help me , I really need your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if that was a local document or cloud document? If it was a cloud document, please check if you are able to see the file here: https://assets.adobe.com/

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can solve this by opening the file on another computer! It works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason it worked again for me today, I was quick to save it as a local file for back-up. Haven't had any problems since. Thanks for the help guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that it worked for you, however, it would be great if you could share the logs which I have mentioned above so that we can avoid this situation to happen going forward.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines