Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export and publish colors very flat

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rectangle 1653.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.45.34 AM.png

Having an issue where the colors i'm exporting and publishing to web look washed out and flat compared with what I'm seeing the XD application. This is part of a project I've been on for a few months and it seems the issue has started recently. The issue doesn't seem to be monitor calibration- any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Hi @robink4368828,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We recommend setting sRGB as the color profile for monitors for the best viewing experience. If the display setting differs then the sRGB images used won't expand to the display's high color gamut.

XD is not color-managed yet. (It should be using sRGB throughout). Please submit your feedback and upvote the existing request.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have stated- the top image is what is being exported and the bottom is what i'm seeing in xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.54.20 AM.png

this is a more accurate representation- left is how it should look, right is what is exported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @robink4368828,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We recommend setting sRGB as the color profile for monitors for the best viewing experience. If the display setting differs then the sRGB images used won't expand to the display's high color gamut.

XD is not color-managed yet. (It should be using sRGB throughout). Please submit your feedback and upvote the existing request.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with monitors. Stop posting the same auto generated answer. If you import the same image to Photoshop and XD and export them. It looks flat from XD. The colors are washed out. Your team fixed this for when you work inside the document. But they didn't fix the export. Our whole E-com team just wondered why our site and newsletters have images that looks flat. We reverted our steps and from retouch and into XD and export, there's a major loss in color as shown before. Image on the left is exported from XD. Image on the right from Photoshop.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 12.20.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines