• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export fails in specific document

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with one specific document where every attempt to export leads to a message that just says "There was a problem exporting your asset" (or "6 assets" if I try to export all artboards, which is what I actually want to do). 

I tried various combinations of exporting all to PDF, exporting a single artboard to either PDF or one of the graphics formats, choosing different artboards in case there is some invalid element on a particular artboard. 

And, I went to a different document and confirmed that the export function still works as expected -- so it is definitely a problem in this particular design, rather than a problem with my computer or my instance of XD. 

I also tried saving the XD file locally, just in case that made a difference (it did not). 

Has anyone seen anything like this, or have any ideas what to try? 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

I just tried it again and it worked -- I think in the interim the version of XD updated, so whatever the issue was, it was fixed. Thanks to all who suggested things to try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

1. Please try changing the export location and let us know if that solves the issue.
  2. If that doesn't help, please change the name of the assets and then try exporting.

If nothing helps, please share the version of XD and OS along with the document so that we can test this on our end. You can share the document with me through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried copying and pasting that part into a new file and exporting that? If it still fails it's not that document, but rather something in your design. In that case I'd delete parts until the export works to figure out what the offending element is.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaeclectic,

Hope you're doing well. 

It's been a while we haven't heard back from you. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks Dan for your contribution to this post.

-Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have not yet been able to resolve the problem. Last week I was very busy at work, and then on PTO for several days, so I have not yet been able to try all the suggestions. I will try to do so this week, and follow up with Rishabh if this issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, please try that and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it again and it worked -- I think in the interim the version of XD updated, so whatever the issue was, it was fixed. Thanks to all who suggested things to try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines