• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export issue in Adobe XD: Height and width seem to be incorrect

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just started using Adobe XD but I got a problem exporting my background image from adobe XD to android studio. The problem is that the everything is ok until I export it and then the image has not the correct size/ratio (it has some white bars on the sides even if in the app everything was in the correct ratio and size).

I'd be glad to get some help!

Thanks

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Hmm I see, I've experinced that issue before, there must be some invisible-ish element that's increasing the size, my solution is masking the group to have the size I want (create a rectangle/shape that has the exact size you need > then select both the shape and the group you want to mask > right click > Mask with shape. That's how I resolve similar situations, hope helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Meyer230578482d69 can you please make sure you follow these steps and update me since I'm curious about this issue: 1- Select the shape/image you want to export 2- By selecting File > Export > Selected export the shape/image. It should export the exact element that is selected as seen on XD (make sure your shape/image is not grouped by any other shape/element etc) Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply group the elements I need for the background and then export the group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I see, I've experinced that issue before, there must be some invisible-ish element that's increasing the size, my solution is masking the group to have the size I want (create a rectangle/shape that has the exact size you need > then select both the shape and the group you want to mask > right click > Mask with shape. That's how I resolve similar situations, hope helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked, happy designing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines