• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported PDFs with masked images are not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs exported with masked images look broken when opened. The images seem to be enlarged and rotated within the masked space. I've noticed this is an ongoing issue and that the Mac OS preview is being blamed in previous posts. They look strange when viewed on all available viewing platforms I have (chrome, safari, mac OS preview) with the exception of Adobe Acrobat. In Acrobat, when you scroll down a multi-page PDF, these masked images are greyed out, but when you zoom out they look fine. I'm using the most up to date version of XD (24.3.22.2) in Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I have a 2017 iMac Retina 5k with 48gb memory and 3.4Ghz Intel Core i5 processor.

The workarounds suggested previously are unintuative to the way I work. That is, drawing a rectangle, then dragging an image from the finder into this rectangle, rather than using 'mask with shape', my preferred option. A fix would be good rather than a workaround.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a solution to a different problem in a different application. I don't know how I could 'Use a mask from opacity' in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mask from opasity" in XD work similar as on Adob eIllustrator or Photoshop  Mask, You can use gradient with black and white pixels for masking object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem exactly explained above. I have many files with previously masked files that I don't want ot have to go back in and recreate by dragging photos into shapes. Exported PDF's should look great in preview. Period. I shouldn't have to recreate my files, save as JPGS and put into a PDF, or bring into illustrator to workaround this issue. The whole point of XD is that it saves time. You should be able to export a PDF, view it in any viewing program, and it look correct. Please please please consider fixing this issue! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here. adobe please fix this. a lot of UI designers are already migrating to other providers because of problems like this with XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines