• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting XD files to be opened in Illustartor as a layered file

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting an XD file into Illustrator as a layered file. I know you can export all the individual elements as PNGs and SVGs. What I am looking for is a way to get the entire design into Illustrator with each of the separate elements as layers. Is there a bulletproof way to do this?

Thanks!

Jeremy Frye

(email address removed by moderation)

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Found a great solution.

Select the art you want to export -> hit Ctrl + G to group the art work -> Export as SVG -> Open in Illustrator -> Release to Layers (Sequence)

There might be a couple things that didn't come across 100% but my result gave me 95% of what I needed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

I had this issue and was struggling with images and drop shadows not translating properly, but I found a solution and wanted to share in case others were as frustrated a I was.

Select everything in the XD file that you would like to save as it's own file and then group them together by pressing command G.  Then instead of exporting to an SVG, export it to a PDF.  Open the PDF in Illustrator and violia.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a great solution.

Select the art you want to export -> hit Ctrl + G to group the art work -> Export as SVG -> Open in Illustrator -> Release to Layers (Sequence)

There might be a couple things that didn't come across 100% but my result gave me 95% of what I needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really can use....thks yar u help me a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue and was struggling with images and drop shadows not translating properly, but I found a solution and wanted to share in case others were as frustrated a I was.

Select everything in the XD file that you would like to save as it's own file and then group them together by pressing command G.  Then instead of exporting to an SVG, export it to a PDF.  Open the PDF in Illustrator and violia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're able to resolve the issue and thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you.

It would be helfpul for the customer experiencing the same issue.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you face any issues in future. 

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well let me say something, you( Adobe) created a free app that we used in our projects and you decide to make this free app in a paid app. i have a several numbers of arquives in .xd that i can do anithing with it, i cant open in photoshop or illustrator or even in Figma. im in something is wrong not ilegal but wrong
Stop think about money and money everyone know that you have enough and start think about people and students
sorrry for bad grammar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sir, saved me meny hours of work dragging all my elements individually from xd to illustrator. 
Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines