• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request-Color management in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe finally implement color management in XD? Now all colors are desaturated when viewed in browser. I know it's because XD uses the color management of the OS, but I want to design in sRGB instead of P3... This is a problem since the first release. 

What is the reason this is not solved? Or can I do something to solve this?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Hi All,

Update: With XD 57, you can color manage your document. Click here: Color Management to know more. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels like they will stop developing XD in the future. They have "feature started" from 2017! That's unbelievable. Something goes wrong with Adobe and the XD team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. As of now, I am afraid, we don't have time frame by when this will be available however let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned to this request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man... for any update.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time the same answer. But is the XD team doing anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is taking this so long to be resolved? I think this should be a number one priority rather than giving us new features. Without color management Adobe Xd will be a simple design application and not a prototyping software as developers need to use accurate colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. I understand this has taken longer than usual so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the same anser from the Adobe team like a year ago!!!.

Sorry guys but I started using Figma some months ago.

Hope this gets sorted out this millenia.

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried different profiles on my MacBook P3 Screen. No one sRGB profile works good on my display. Really, we are working in an agency with several adobe licences and every one is using Mac Pro Stuff of course to be "State of the Art".  We a reliant on functional color management. Adobe XD escalates recurring trouble on our workflow. Please fix this issue. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and no news about this, please tell us if there is any hope this will be develop any time soon!!

Adobe please!!!, a profesional software requires to have at least srgb color managment so that we are sure we have

consistency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing a strange problem.. you all are talking about the colour management tool for XD... but i have something (i belive) ... i have 2 Macs one is Intel based na done is M1 Max.... and 1 file is looking diffrent in both computer even using the same version of XD... so i belive XD problem is with M1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 2022 version 51, still no color management. So as a UI-UX designer what options do I have?. Figma or Sketch, both color managed. I'll go with Figma, and so I did, best option available. I got tired of waitng and waitng for Adobe to put his issueas together while we are paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really pathetic. This feature was requested years ago. NOTHING has happened. A feature that others have long mastered. Adobe is resting on its laurels that have dried up long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later, still no information. I don't think that the Engineering team is taking us serious. One word... UNBELIEVABLE!

And please don't say: "We're so sorry for the delay. As of now, I am afraid, we don't have time frame by when this will be available however let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. Please stay tuned to this request https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man... for any update."   It's 2 years ago! GO AND FIX IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a litte workaround to work with almost propriate colors. The colors in XD are too saturated. Therefore I make a rectangle with a lightgray filling and 20% opacity (fillmode= saturation). I place it on top of my entire design and lock it. To adjust the layer opacity and the greytone just export your design as an image and open it in a browser or photoshop to compare the result. 

I hope you know what I mean. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Update: With XD 57, you can color manage your document. Click here: Color Management to know more. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!!!!, my concern now is, up until when will Adboe XD will work since you already purchased Figma?

Basically, should I now move all my workflow again? I waited for years for this update but I'm afraid it may have come too late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has not purchased Figma yet, they've only announced their intent to. The purchase must still be approved by United States and European lawmakers.

That said, XD is no longer being sold to new customers and Adobe has virtually stopped all development except for bug fixes. To be honest I'm surprised to see color management finally get added! So XD is on life support and I'd recommend switching to Figma as soon as possible. Whether Adobe is allowed to buy it or not, Figma has the future whereas XD does not.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines