Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request for Changing Component States

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a button as a master component with different states. Now I have copied it/duplicated and changed the label and changed the width of the button in the "default" state.

But in the rest of the states(hover, clicked, disabled) of the button, the label and the size will not change. And we have to be careful in manually matching/adjusting the size and text of the button with the default one.

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Dinesh

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for reaching out. If I understood correctly, you are referring to the feature explained here? https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited

If yes, please upvote the request to add a voice to the feature. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for reaching out. If I understood correctly, you are referring to the feature explained here? https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

If yes, please upvote the request to add a voice to the feature. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

This is exactly the same I have asked. I feel this is a much-needed feature. To be frank, this feature will double the speed of our basic works.

But sometimes, don't know how the changes done for one state in the component, do apply for the rest of the states.

There must be a work-around. So, I raised this.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Dinesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rishabh,

I did upvoted for the post in the link.

But this is a very basic need.

Again I am facing the same tedious problem.

I want to create some 20 buttons (boxes) with 20 different icons of same size (transparent padding is used to get the same size as the button BG). These have in 3 different states - normal, hover and selected.

What I expect with Adobe XD is,
1. make one component, with the icon and button BG
2. Make 3 different states with Components

Next,
3. Duplicate the component and add new icon in one of the state
4. XD will do the rest. It will change the icons in other states also.

I believe this can be done only if we define one state as a master state.

But we can copy paste the icons to the 3 different states, and change the style, colour etc manually.

Now is my actual problem.
If I go back to the main component and change the icon colour, the rest of the icon colours won’t change.
This is a basic need for iterations, and also for sharing the different states of the icons with the developers.

Or what we can do is 
Make all the 20 monochrome icons in any colour.
Export them as svgs.
Suggest the developers to change the colours/styles for different states.
(For prototype, make icons manually)

Please share if there is any better/easy way of doing this.

Also, I have a Sketch App license with me from the past 2 years. But Sketch also doesn't properly solve this problem. 
Sketch has components/symbols but XD has a better one I feel.

Thanks and Regards,
Dinesh Naik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines