• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request-Is it possible to insert a hyperlink into an XD document?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I insert a hyperlink into an XD document?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

The wait is over, with today's latest XD update, you can now create hyperlinks in XD. Please see this article:  https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-hyperlinks.html for more info.

Check out our What's new page for more feature updates.

Please update XD to 47 version and share your experience with us by creating separate posts on the related topics.

We will be happy to help. We appreciated your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, that's a very good and legitimate question.

And the plain and honest answer to that is: you can't !

More than 28 years after the first website appeared, we've come so far that a promising and professional web (and app) design tool isn't capable to let even the simplest element of interactivity be created and function as expected. Isn't that odd ?

Well, it's not Adobe XD's goal to produce working stuff, but just sketchy wireframes, pristine mock-ups, insightful prototypes, and some raw materials and details to help developers build the whole thing.

So at best, you could design a button or text to be a link (underline, bold, different color). You could hook it up to an artboard with a screen, mimicking the expected website. Testing it would yield the experience of going to the website, but that's all for now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one thing you are right, XD is not for producing "working stuff". 
This response is so poor and not helping. Ypu can say even that you are implying that the users desire too much... So sad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what Pete has suggested, we have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12954396-link-to-e...

We would request you to please submit your feedback & upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many votes does it take to get Adobe to do anything the community needs?

That is the million-dollar question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Million-dollar question" - that's a good one!

Collectively, the people who voted for this feature for the time the request has existed have paid more than $7 million for CC subscriptions. Apparently it's not enough.

There's also the dark interface with a similar amount of upvotes. I guess 7 mil doesn't cover the cost for someone to change 10 colors and add a light-bulb icon somewhere.

I wonder why the whole uservoice thing exists at all, if they'll just do what some marketing person completely disconnected from reality has decided is the way to go, completely ignoring the so-called "user voice".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no option to add a simple links after 3-4 years to XD projects? Adobe xd is slow and falling behind on basic standard features.. I guess i will have ask my clients to move to UXpin /sketch / figma many of these features are standard and more.

Also adobe xd or its 3rd party seem to charge arm and a leg through its plugin for some basic features which should be stadard built in like embeding code , allowing user to enter text on text field etc. very dissapointing.

So on top of Adobe subcriptions charges you will have to come up with another20-30 dollars for every 3rd party plugins .. so once end up buying all the various 3rd party pluggins,  you may end up paying about 70-90 dollars or more per  with all the added plugins.. 

For example

https://www.animaapp.com/pricing 25 dollar per month for this pluggin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Adobe, make it so we can link. This is the last project I do in XD. I can't like, or add bullets. I'm making the switch to sketch. I've been commenting on these forums, asking for BASIC features and waiting YEARS for BASIC stuff. Goodbye XD, you were sub par and fell below my expectations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielle,

We understand that ball has dropped and definitely you will go for the product that suits you and help you. However, this feature is definitely a priority for our team and if you look at the feature request status it says " Feature Started" 

The team is making continous efforts to bring the requested features so hopefully this feature will be added soon. 

We would request you to please stay tuned to the UserVoice page for future updates.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

The wait is over, with today's latest XD update, you can now create hyperlinks in XD. Please see this article:  https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-hyperlinks.html for more info.

Check out our What's new page for more feature updates.

Please update XD to 47 version and share your experience with us by creating separate posts on the related topics.

We will be happy to help. We appreciated your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines