• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font's look wobbly in Adobe Suit ( XD in particular )

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering about a very annoying problem I have in my adobe suit. Fonts, especially thicker ones, look off in adobe suit. This happens cross-program.

I am now finding this trouble in XD and I can't seem to solve it.
In the screenshot you will see a text typed in word in said font and an image of the font imported from XD. ( it looks the same in XD ) the Word on is correct btw.

If you look closely you can see the image from XD renders the font weirdly with different lines and fonts ending in SLIGHTLY different angles. Also some letters seem just a bit bigger than the other.

It's become a problem because work is chewing my ass about this but there doesn't seem to be a solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, at first glance it would seem a graphic card problem. Have you checked for updates available? Are you also using the latest version of Adobe programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the latest Adobe versions. The program seems to save the files like this as well, so it's not just a preview rendering problem. It seems to me like a software error.

I am currently using my monitor via a docking station. Would that have any effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unplugging your external monitor and check if you experience the same problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, no change.

Any idea what could be the cause? It seems like a overal rendering error of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if this is because of different font weight? We need to ensure that we have the same font weight on Adobe XD. Could you please cross check and let us know if that's the case?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this extremely late reply. It was a very busy period and this issue got snowed under.

It's a font with a fixed weight. It's automatically BOLD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS

Interesting finding:
I used a .TTF font family and now it seems ( mostly ) correct.

If I double click the font to enter TYPING mode, it switches back to the wonkey version and snaps back into place when I
exit the edit mode.

Looks like sometimes the fonts are stuck in the rendering of the TYPING mode? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines