• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts loaded from /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a type designer I test my fonts in inDesign and I use this path to load the fonts /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.

It seems that XD is not loading fonts from this folder. Is there a particular reason for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrmucca,

Sorry that you're not having trouble I would request you check this link to install fonts from typekit: - Free desktop and web fonts from Adobe Fonts.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not have been marked as the correct answer. @mrmucca's question is not related to the Adobe Fonts service (formerly Typekit) at all.

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

If you place fonts into this folder (there's a Windows equivalent, too), they will become instantly available in Adobe applications, which saves you from installing them system-wide, and eliminates issues with font caching. This is handy for type designers or anyone who works with fonts that are frequently updated. It's a very old feature that isn't well-documented anymore on Adobe's website, far as I can tell.

I've been looking for an answer to this as well, and as far as I can tell, Adobe XD does not load fonts from these folders the way that Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a correct answer.

As Indesign and Illustrator support loading fonts from this folder on Mac, XD should do so too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines