• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced "save as new" after crash

Participant ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i Adobe Xd crashes (or I force-close it via task manager), when I open the file I have previously worked on, I cannot save it as the old file anymore. It FORCES ME to save as a new file. That means, any updates for the shared links is gone forever. Please fix this bug and let us continue working on the file. This literally costs me hundreads of dollars of my time every time this happens (and it happens pretty often).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Does this happen while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect the system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and add the logs file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share it through DM.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Rishabh_Tiwari 

To answer your questions:
1. The latest one (and a couple of versions before that had the same issue as well). Windows 10.
2. No. It happens on random files - old files, new files, any files.
3. It has nothing to do with my system since It happens to me on three different setups (two laptops and a desktop computer). It's 100% within how the file is restored. It happens ONLY if XD has crashed and I launch it again to open the file I was working on. The last changes are there, but the file acts like it is a copy - i canot "quick save", since it does not recognize it's the same file. I may share system logs later, but since being in the industry for the last 15 years, I know this is XD problem, and not a system problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines