• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeze-crash upon alt-tabbing back to XD; inexplicable erasure of cloud history

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the alt-tab action as I really only want to describe that I was going back to an open XD file, as in clicking on the document to keep on designing.

It was frozen for a good three minutes, all I could do was resize the XD app. It then promptly shut down; I'm assuming it crashed without asking for a crash report upon re-launch.

Curiously the zoom icon was the initial cursor while all I could see in XD had that "zoom blur/pre-cache" look you see for a split second before zooming re-fetches the canvas into memory.

The zoom was never engaged however, and I'm not sure what led to displaying it. This has happened a couple of times now, everything freezes as if it interrupted a re-fetch after zooming.

I'll update this thread if I manage to get a screenshot or video of the situation; it was very revealing.

Here's the incredibly dangerous risk in this bug:

It inexplicably reverted to a previous version of the same file, effectively erasing work without trace of newer versions or of any signaling that a crash or data discrepancy occurred. I need to be extremely clear on this: it reverted selective changes made the day before back to an old cloud file. This is the first time it happened. I'll keep my eyes open and pay attention to the file versions if this happens again, because to my knowledge it's not really obvious when it happens.

Versions:

antonl79970331_0-1669117306314.png

antonl79970331_1-1669117430672.png

What else would Adobe need from me to troubleshoot this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it something I said? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @antonl79970331,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind updating XD to the current version (XD 55.2) and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @antonl79970331,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again!

I've got it up to date but have not managed to replicate the bug. Whenever, if, it happens I'll come right back -- hopefully with video and pictures.

Promise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

not any part, detail or information that I've previously stated has to date NOT happened again.

It does NOT mean that this is resolved, but for the sake of update climbing, odds of persistence naturally decrease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction disabling double negative:

"Update:

not  any part, detail or information that I've previously stated has to date NOT happened again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines