Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google fonts nu longer working

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have 1 question, I can't use google fonts in XD anymore. That was still possible in July this year. But not anymore. This is very annoying because there are many more good web fonts than just Adobe fonts. It's very limiting.
Is there a way to use the installed fonts on the computer ( in my case windows) in XD?

Annyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gerthaw35480458, whenever I need to use fonts that I can't see on an Adobe app including XD, I follow these steps to add them to my CC: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/add-your-fonts-to-creative-cloud.html Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic tip! Unfortunately it only worked with 1 font. The fonts I subsequently added to Creative Cloud are "already on this device" but don't show up in the list in XD. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm since I never had any problems after applying the steps in that link can't be sure. Is that the case for other CC apps btw, I'd also check that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. In Photoshop there is no problem with any fonts.
In XD there was no problem until half a year ago, could use all fonts that are on my computer. I notice that all fonts in my web designs from half a year and more ago, which are not Adobe fonts, are all gone. Weird. Something has changed in XD... not for the better 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that sounds weird, as I see it you're using XD on windows but not everyone is having that issue, make sure you have the latest update and let's see if anyone including other experts has anything to say about this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already performed the update, but I will do that again and indeed, maybe someone else also has this problem, a windows user. I can't be the only one with this problem, there is no such thing! 😉 Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I've already tried that. This doesn't work either, unfortunately. I don't understand why XD can't load/find the font.

Naamloos-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. Let's see if anyone else had the same problem replies here or maybe some other expert suggests something. I'll also do some search and update you if I see any alternative solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, happy with your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear it thanks, wish I was more helpful 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this issue aswell
If I uninstall and reinstall a google font it works in xd
But if I shutdown my computer, the next day they will be broken again

Fonts work fine in all other adobes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's indeed the same, after closing the fonts are gone, again. Glad I'm not the only one.
A solution hasn't come forward yet...
Surely something has changed in XD, I never had this problem. Lets hope they fix it in the next update. 🤞🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea very weird, my workmate who has the same version and same machine doesnt have the problem? 
Very Very annoying though. I guess i just leave the computer turned on haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's one solution, but not quite what we have in mind right? 😏😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines