• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Blur?

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you make a gradient blur?  So, I want to drop a transparent rectangle with a background blur at the bottom of my screen, and I want the elements behind it to look more blurry as they get closer to the bottom.  I've seen this a lot (it basically lets the user know they can scroll down) but I can't figure it out in XD.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Hi Wolfgang, unfortunately, right now you can't.

I thought if you add a fading alpha gradient to the blurring element, it will mask the blur effect based on the gradient, but Xd seems to only do edge vector based masking. You can't mask gradually per-pixel like in Photoshop. Blending modes don't affect it either. I guess it's a bit too much to ask from Xd right now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought if you add a fading alpha gradient to the blurring element, it will mask the blur effect based on the gradient, but Xd seems to only do edge vector based masking. You can't mask gradually per-pixel like in Photoshop. Blending modes don't affect it either. I guess it's a bit too much to ask from Xd right now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Spas K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022, is it possible now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost 2024... is it possible now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradien have to start white red blue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines