• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid with a left navigation

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys so im trying to create a website with a left navgation but offset the grid to the middle but It seems XD cant do this? Is there a way around this? or does this feature still need to be developed?

What i want to do with the built in grid system in xd :

414pwbk17aq51.png

Edit; It seems while wrtting this i could possbily do this with the margins and choose how much to have etc - See screenshot : (As you can see ive set it for 56px for margin from 1 side and the other being 256px - 200 for the left nav and then 56 for the margin.) I wanted to know if this is the best way to do this? or anther way around etc? I know figma has like an offset function but not about XD. Thanks 

Image 1.png

Thank you 

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Hi Ali, for now you can only control the number of columns, gutter, and the side margins. You can't control individual columns. What you have done in the second image is the correct way to offset the grid 🙂

For better precision, you can make guides manually by dragging from the sides of the artboard, this is the area to drag from:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ali, for now you can only control the number of columns, gutter, and the side margins. You can't control individual columns. What you have done in the second image is the correct way to offset the grid 🙂

For better precision, you can make guides manually by dragging from the sides of the artboard, this is the area to drag from:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spas K, 

Thanks for the reply, yes i think the second way is the way i will do this as the devolpers like to have the grid be clickable etc. thank you for your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines